Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web Browser Useless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else finding the favorites menu nonfunctional? I click the heart to save a favorite page, but when I look at the favorites menu it’s still empty! I tried restarting after it happened, but it still doesn’t work. The browser is basically useless without bookmarks/favorites. I haven’t used it in several days (since shortly before getting the 39.7 update) because of this issue. (And yes, I am picking the name and clicking “save” when prompted).

Anyone else finding the favorites menu nonfunctional? I click the heart to save a favorite page, but when I look at the favorites menu it’s still empty! I tried restarting after it happened, but it still doesn’t work. The browser is basically useless without bookmarks/favorites. I haven’t used it in several days (since shortly before getting the 39.7 update) because of this issue. (And yes, I am picking the name and clicking “save” when prompted).
The favorite function works great for me. Everything I add is there and stays there. But it doesn't help when no pages load.

Yes I have to reboot the MCU everytime I get into the car to get the browser to work. After the reboot browser is fast and works well and I
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG
love the Tesla Winds and Elevation app as I live in windy West Texas. Also I don't need to look at a map all day, so I just put a nice picture of a Tesla or whatever to look at as that gives me some color on the screen instead of this white washed screen as it is!

• Love
Reactions: Garlan Garner
Update regarding my problem with favorites not showing up, I tested it again last night, and all the sites I favorited did successfully show up. I’m not sure what (if anything) changed since it wasn’t working, but it seems to be working fine now

Update regarding my problem with favorites not showing up, I tested it again last night, and all the sites I favorited did successfully show up. I’m not sure what (if anything) changed since it wasn’t working, but it seems to be working fine now
I'm sad to say this.... but give it time. It'll likely give you trouble again. I've had the same on-again, off-again favorites problem, as well as loading problem. Some times it all works, sometimes, some of it works. Other times...FUBAR.

• Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod
Does the Waze website work? Tesla Traffic Incidents and Information

Can it be used for navigation?
The browser is completely useless. It is slow and doesn't support most of the new HTML5 standards. Its like having an old slow browser from the '90s (Netscape!?!?). Frankly I hate all these gimmicky things like a bad browser, and stupid Atari games that are horrible to play with the control scheme they currently have. Having badly implemented stuff I'll never use is just clutter that takes away from the car. I say either do stuff that is in line with modern tech or don't do it at all and focus your software dev time on fixing the abundance of bugs.

I don't have a good way to post a video...

Also, a bit off topic but someone mentioned TeslaWaze; we need a way to get Waze on the screen!
Best thing would be a way to cast you're phone's video/audio output to the main Tesla screen or allow a third party app ecosystem. Then we would have everything and not rely on software crumbs offered by a car company. They will never be ahead of the entire software industry that has already worked on apps for years and figured this stuff out.