Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Web sites as decoration or for dimming the display

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I do not need the map, I have started to select the web browser pointed either to an interesting image, or to a dark image to dim the display. My current favorite is the NASA image of the day:

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imagegallery/image_feature_2403.html

I thought some of you might have other favorite sites to suggest. Images that are mostly dark and that fill the full vertical height of the display are a nice alternative to a display-off function that others have requested.

Can't you just reduce the brightness to close to zero? I have my night display between 50 and 60 and it works fine. I keep the top half on audio and bottom on energy usage or maps, and I don't get much if any glare.

yes but the buzzing sound will drive you crazy if you dim below 80%. There is another thread that seems to indicate if you turn OFF the 'accent lights' (might be wrong) the buzzing goes away. I've asked Tesla to fix this on my car!

yes but the buzzing sound will drive you crazy if you dim below 80%. There is another thread that seems to indicate if you turn OFF the 'accent lights' (might be wrong) the buzzing goes away. I've asked Tesla to fix this on my car!

This only started on my car this evening after a partial firmware update. I'm hoping it goes away altogether after the 4.0 update. In the meantime the buzzing does cease if you turn the ambient lights off.