TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Website Updated!!!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Citizen-T, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

2. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

Looks like the "Interior", "Packages," and "Options" menus aren't online yet. Ah well.

Also, how does the Signature edition have FEWER paint color options?

I'm liking the Monterey Blue best so far, personally.

3. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Two things I'm not sure I've heard before:

"The optional air suspension automatically responds to speed and road conditions. As Model S accelerates, it lowers the vehicle for optimized aerodynamics and handling. Lower or raise Model S using the touchscreen to unload cargo when parked."

"Scan the streamlined body panels and you’ll discover that Model S lacks a fuel door. Approach the driver’s side taillight holding a connector and something surprising happens: a triangle opens to reveal a small charge port. The connectors enable, from one Tesla-designed port, rapid charging as well as charging from 240 volt and 120 volt outlets."

4. Norbert

Norbert TSLA will win

Some of it was discussed in the "design studio" and "charging port" threads already.

Night mode / Day mode. Why does Night Mode make me think of an airplane?

5. Fr23shjive

Fr23shjive Member

#5 Fr23shjive, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
    Am I the only one who doesnt like the tail lights the way they are? They look tacky to me. I'd prefer the solid red lights that they had on the prototype. It wouldnt be a big deal if I could just remove them and paint them red except they're connected to the charge port. I definitely wouldnt want to mess that up.

I really hope there is an option for generic red lights.

Complaining aside I'm so geeked out for all the stuff they've been updated on their site.

6. tomanik

tomanik Member

Not sure whether I like the interior changes yet or not. Looking forward to impressions from people tomorrow and Sunday at the event who can see it in person.

7. JimmWilks

JimmWilks Member

#7 JimmWilks, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    For some reason I can't highlight the text to copy and paste, but in the features section the key is mentioned:

"Programmable for individual drivers, the Tesla key loads preferred setting (seat, mirror, steering wheel positions) and commands the door handles to slide out as you approach. Model S turns on as you buckle up."

Now that buckling up thing is very cool.

Boot space with seats folded is 1838l, almost as much as the cargo-mighty Merc E-class, and way more than 5 series estate, Volvo or Audi. Without folded, it's still 1000 or so litres, which is absolutely incredible.

EDIT: Looking through more of the Model S section, I've come to the conclusion that this is the most beautiful, functional and desirable car I have ever seen or heard of. The interior blows me away, as does everything else! As far as I'm concerned Tesla's goal of electrification of transport is as good as accomplished, I'm sure they'll follow this with an equally as desirable bluestar (eventually).

8. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Amen to that! This is really "hitting it out of the park" and making sure no one smirks anymore when the term EV is dropped. Eat this, BMW, Merc, Lexus, etc.!

9. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Make sure you select United States as your region. My account defaulted to Canada and none of the new stuff was available.

10. JimmWilks

JimmWilks Member

Yep I had a similar problem with the UK, but instead of changing location I could get to everything new using the sitemap under "about Tesla".

11. clea

clea Member

#11 clea, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
    I was able to get to it even from the canadian version by going to the site map page (last entry on the "About Tesla" menu). All the new pages (features, facts) are accessible from there ...

Edit: Jimm got the answer in before i finished typing mine ... note to self never stop to get a cup of coffee before you finish posting a response ...

12. tdelta1000

tdelta1000 Active Member

I like the updates. I understand that some of the other features are not available at the time but I can wait. The product offering thus far looks grewat, superseded my expectation and will put Tesla Motors on top.

13. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

I'm glad this forum exists - today for the mere fact that the TM website seems to be under heavy traffic...

14. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

Agree. I'm stoked so far, and can't wait to go out for the tour and test ride tomorrow.

Now I'm just hoping that when the Options and Packages are revealed this winter that they won't be crazy expensive.

15. JimmWilks

JimmWilks Member

Parts of the Tesla website, possibly everything but the homepage is down for maintenance. The message has a picture of some roadsters on jacks!

16. Blurry_Eyed

Blurry_Eyed MS Sig #267, MX Sig # 761

Just noticed that Tesla added this section to their website: What to Expect | Tesla Motors I think it's relatively new as I don't recall seeing it before. It's a nice addition to help people understand the process of buying a Tesla.

17. Discoducky

Discoducky Active Member

very cool! Good catch! Makes me want another tour ;)