Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Website wait times for delivery change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The US estimated delivery dates moved from Late September to October for S60 and S85, and from September to Late September for P85.

This means that Q3 (which will see increased production rate) is now fully booked, and current orders are being accepted for delivery in Q4.

A close friend had his P85 delivery pushed from late June to August. He was not amused. Then again, I have been trying to get him to commit for two years!

Another anecdotal bit of evidence-- I heard that Tesla had over 2,000 visitors to their Vancouver store this past Saturday alone. Their sales lead volume is almost unmanageable!

A close friend had his P85 delivery pushed from late June to August. He was not amused. Then again, I have been trying to get him to commit for two years!

Another anecdotal bit of evidence-- I heard that Tesla had over 2,000 visitors to their Vancouver store this past Saturday alone. Their sales lead volume is almost unmanageable!

wow!
are they finally catching up with some of the Canadian SC network?

60 and 85 now showing Nov. P85 showing Late Oct..
Yes. I believe very significant reflects not only increased demand because of the wait BUT this increasing demand is in light of increased production capacity. I have read in the forums that there is expectation that only one line will run but I remember the increased hiring at the factory over a month ago, there would not have been the need for this if only one line was to run

To clarify how they changed the factory (or I suppose are changing, since they are still in the middle of shutdown right now, if I am not mistaken), the new line is being called a "high-speed" line. This new line will by itself up the output to the targeted amount (I believe that was to be 1,000 a week). The old line will remain, but not be used for production cars. They are going to turn this old line into their "test" line for prototype and beta cars. This way they can build these without having to impact the main line.

The continued 4 month wait would indicate that there is indeed higher demand requirements that are not being filled and causing the increased backlog. This is holding, even though one would reasonably assume that coming out of the shutdown they would be running full speed at 1k a week. So, that's a LOT of cars and still a long wait time. Assuming "November" means the first week (so like, the 4th) then coming out of the shutdown next week that is 13 weeks of production, which should be close to 13,000 cars... that, to me, would indicate that the "wait-list" (assuming you take off a healthy 2,000 cars between now and then to use "for other purposes") is sitting at around 11,000 globally. That's a pretty healthy waiting list, if I do say so.

The continued 4 month wait would indicate that there is indeed higher demand requirements that are not being filled and causing the increased backlog. This is holding, even though one would reasonably assume that coming out of the shutdown they would be running full speed at 1k a week. So, that's a LOT of cars and still a long wait time. Assuming "November" means the first week (so like, the 4th) then coming out of the shutdown next week that is 13 weeks of production, which should be close to 13,000 cars... that, to me, would indicate that the "wait-list" (assuming you take off a healthy 2,000 cars between now and then to use "for other purposes") is sitting at around 11,000 globally. That's a pretty healthy waiting list, if I do say so.

What about the "X" factor? 1000 cars/week does not necessarily means just MS'. There is likely to be a percentage of X's that will be produced on this line. Betas will be produced on the old line, but it will eventually either need to be an S and X line, or S/X line, with the old one being further returned to full production or Model 3.

What about the "X" factor? 1000 cars/week does not necessarily means just MS'. There is likely to be a percentage of X's that will be produced on this line. Betas will be produced on the old line, but it will eventually either need to be an S and X line, or S/X line, with the old one being further returned to full production or Model 3.

Regardless, I think there will probably be a maximum of 150-400 Model X produced that will be used for Beta, and Showroom Demo. The number is based on the number of showroom Tesla currently have worldwide, which is ~150 showroom, and perhaps 200-250 that will be used for Test Drive.

And if what you think is true, it's even more awesome. X is coming on schedule, no more delays. Can't wait!

Increased demand even in light of increased production. With no advertising.

This steady increase in demand should make Panasonic much more willing to commit to the GF. We need them to step up to the plate in a big way, and soon.

Good news re November wait time (sorry, anyone waiting for a car).

I just want to mention in regard to the increased production, we know the plan is for it to go up to 1,000/week by the end of the year, but we do not know that this will begin when production resumes next week. My sense was Sproule said ~ plant shutting down two weeks to allow improvements that will allow production to reach 1,000/week this year. This may well be clarified on Thursday, and if indeed 1,000/week starts next week, that would be quite bullish.