Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Wednesday March 21 Evening Meetup - SF Bay Area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MountainPass

Global Vendor
Mar 2, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Listings
Hi Everyone,

As we've posted in the Tesla Model 3 section we are hosting a meetup on Wednesday March 21st to meet some of the first Tesla Model 3 owners, and we will have our test vehicle on display with the prototype coilovers we are developing as well as our suspension arms. We're also very interested to hear your thoughts on what kinds of products you'd like to see developed for the Model 3.

We would be more than happy to take anyone interested for a ride in the car, and we'd also love to meet those of you that are early adopters and hear your stories. So if you're a Model 3 owner, Tesla owner, or Model 3 reservation holder please feel free to come out to this meetup!

Alices-Restaurant-600x345.jpg

Right now we're planning (location not yet confirmed) on meeting at Alice's Restaurant in Woodside, from 6:30PM-9:00PM (we'll eat at the restaurant before taking people for rides). If you can't make it right at 6:30, no worries! If you're not familiar with Alice's restaurant it's a famous stop along Skyline Blvd. We're coming down from Canada and it will be our first time here - so we're really excited to be meeting at such an iconic location!

Please add your name to the list if you're planning on coming:

1) Sasha Anis (Mountain Pass Performance) - Tesla Model 3

How could I miss this after this week's fun at Laguna Seca? I am planning on being there! :) Always looking for better mods for the Tesla Model 3.
Hopefully the Model 3 brakes are fixed by then. If so, I will bring it for those interested in seeing it.

Hi Everyone,

As we've posted in the Tesla Model 3 section we are hosting a meetup on Wednesday March 21st to meet some of the first Tesla Model 3 owners, and we will have our test vehicle on display with the prototype coilovers we are developing as well as our suspension arms. We're also very interested to hear your thoughts on what kinds of products you'd like to see developed for the Model 3.

We would be more than happy to take anyone interested for a ride in the car, and we'd also love to meet those of you that are early adopters and hear your stories. So if you're a Model 3 owner, Tesla owner, or Model 3 reservation holder please feel free to come out to this meetup!

Right now we're planning (location not yet confirmed) on meeting at Alice's Restaurant in Woodside, from 6:30PM-9:00PM (we'll eat at the restaurant before taking people for rides). If you can't make it right at 6:30, no worries! If you're not familiar with Alice's restaurant it's a famous stop along Skyline Blvd. We're coming down from Canada and it will be our first time here - so we're really excited to be meeting at such an iconic location!

Please add your name to the list if you're planning on coming:

1) Sasha Anis (Mountain Pass Performance) - Tesla Model 3
2) Eric J (MS/☰ owner)

@SMAlset FYI, if you’re interested!

Last edited:
2) Eric J (MS/☰ owner)

@SMAlset FYI, if you’re interested!

Thanks @chibi_kurochan, if it was on the weekend it would be a possibility but will have to pass. Haven't been to Alice's up there on Skyline, just Mountain House many years ago for a corporate holiday party. Sorry to miss everyone.

BTW both the Restaurant and Bar area at Alice's close at 8pm.

I've been talking to Alice's restaurant and I think if there are enough of us they might stay open a little bit later for us. So let's get this thing moving!

So far we have:

1) Sasha Anis - TM3
2) Bryson Cook
3) Jason - TM3 (hasn't posted here yet)
4) Matt Crowley - TM3 if he has brake pads!
5) Eric J - TM3
6) QwiksilverA4 - MS?

Reactions: chibi_kurochan
BTW both the Restaurant and Bar area at Alice's close at 8pm.
Good to know, thanks! I guess we'll have to finish up eating by 8pm

my car might scrape on those back roads... im slammed.:(
Your beautiful slammed Model S is more than welcome to come out (even if you scrape a little:eek:) Looking forward to seeing you there!

If you know anyone interested in the event, be sure to tag them or bring them along! Current, Future and Potential Model 3 owners are all welcome! Even if you don't drive an EV, please feel free to come out! :)

1) Sasha Anis - TM3
2) Bryson Cook
3) Jason - TM3 (hasn't posted here yet)
4) Matt Crowley - TM3 if he has brake pads!
5) Eric J - TM3
6) QwiksilverA4 - MS?
7) ELECTRIC4ME - Bill Davis

Reactions: ELECTRIC4ME
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to give you all an update on our progesss so far.

As soon as we landed in San Francisco, we immediately took to the twisty roads on the stock suspension to get a shake down of how the OEM suspension rides. Its safe to say we were all really impressed with how the OEM suspension soaks up bumps and handles the corners without feeling either overly harsh or too lazy. We knew we were in for a tough time making sure that our own suspension was going to better the performance of the OEM units and maintain the same ride quality.

WhatsApp-Image-2018-03-17-at-9.58.31-PM.jpeg

We are now wrapping up on our second day in Palo Alto and things are coming along extremely well!
We've installed our Model 3 coilovers on our test vehicle and after several development sessions, we are happy to say we are getting close. A few more days and we should have these things right where we want them.

We are very excited to show you our Model 3 on Wednesday and let you experience how the car feels with a fine-tuned suspension that is geared towards performance but still keeps the harshness to a bare minimum

See you all on Wednesday March 21st at Alice's Restaurant at 6:30pm!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: chibi_kurochan
Randy that is super cool! The cobra must be a blast yet also scary through those roads. Those short wheelbase Cobra's with some power can raise the hairs on your neck real fast!

@vernontwg - sorry for the delay in responding. We're planning to start rides at 7pm, and you're more than welcome to come out. Our coil-overs will be priced very competitively, they will be in the ballpark of KW coilovers for other applications.

@MrsSchmorgan - sounds great, looking forward to seeing you there!

If you just let the waiter/waitress at Alice's know that you're here for the Tesla meet, they should guide you to our table if we are inside at the time. Otherwise I'm sure you'll see a gathering of people outside around Tesla's.

Reactions: RandyR
Wunderground right now is showing for both Portola Valley/Woodside Highlands Station (528ft elev) and bay side Redwood City receiving a .01" rain accumulation during each hour from 7pm-9pm, so hopefully only light rain. Heavier rain (.02 -.05 -.07) not expected until around 10pm and later with the heaviest in the early morning hours. Sunset is at 7:22pm. with civil twilight at 7:48pm. Hope everyone has a nice time tonight. Look forward to your pics and driving experience.

@vernontwg - sorry for the delay in responding. We're planning to start rides at 7pm, and you're more than welcome to come out. Our coil-overs will be priced very competitively, they will be in the ballpark of KW coilovers for other applications.

Darn! I wish I saw this 30 minutes before I left for work, otherwise I could have driven today. Unfortunately I live in the east bay and take BART to work in San Francisco, and there isn't a convenient to get from SF to Alice's. I'm really glad to hear they will be priced competitively. Will there be any other way to get that 5% off as an early adopter?