TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Week Long Drive Plan Suggestions - GTA

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Viv ki Bijli, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Viv ki Bijli

Viv ki Bijli Member

I am picking my M3 tomorrow and thinking of road trip in August first week.

Any suggestions where we can go as family?

Max 2 day drive 1 way from GTA. Preferably more nature or remote place off course closure to supercharger or hotel with chargers.

2. Pman78

Pman78 Member

Finger Lakes in New York is beautiful. Head towards Ithaca. Great drives, waterfalls, parks, gorges, lakes, great vibe etc. 5hrs. via Buffalo. Picking up my M3 Tues and heading there Friday for college reunion. Don't even have to do I-90; take the back roads...Upstate NY is nice. Safe travels.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  3. Viv ki Bijli

Viv ki Bijli Member

Thanks . Sounds like a plan

4. SmartElectric

SmartElectric Active Member

Here are two Tesla road trips we've taken that we enjoyed.

Saguenay, Quebec.
    New York City

The first is all about nature once you are past Quebec City.

Both routes have lots of charging, no need to bring any special adapters, just supercharge and destination charging at hotels.

• Informative x 2
  5. Viv ki Bijli

Viv ki Bijli Member

Thanks for your suggestions.

Can you share more details about it? Route to take, things to do or places to stay?

6. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Member

Georgian Island National Park is pretty awesome if no rain. Decked camp sites for your tents (we got rained on all weekend and stayed dry). Hot showers and bear shed for food storage. Great trails and unique eco system vs regular drive in camp grounds. Should still be free since it's Canada 150 (you do need the special access pass). Not free is the ferry/private water taxi to access the park. It's north along the 400 to 11. The port is called Honey Harbour; beautiful Georgian Bay community and not too far away from the city.

• Like x 1
  7. Viv ki Bijli

Viv ki Bijli Member

Thanks. We had Canada 150 pass but I think it is not valid now.

We will surely consider it?

Do you know the duration and cost for the ferry?