Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weekend in Santa Fe, NM - Where to charge?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm taking a weekend trip down to Santa Fe from Denver this weekend to take in the famous Santa Fe Opera and see the sites. I don't have any worries about getting down there, but scouting the area, I don't see many DC chargers in the area, and the destination chargers are all strictly "Patrons of the Hotel Only" (didn't think of this when I booked the trip in my Pre-Tesla days).

So, I'm wondering if any of our Santa Fe friends (or frequent visitors of the area), have any suggestions for charging. I've got a CHADeMo adaptor, and have already investigated the local Nissan Dealership. They are okay with using their charger for free, but close at 7pm.

Any other suggestions out there?

How about changing your hotel reservations to one of those that offer destination charging? And then when you cancel your current reservation, tell them why and suggest they apply for the Tesla destination charging program too.

@BobinBoulder, I made several trips from Albuquerque to Santa Fe last year, and can mention a few things. As @cjt3 mentions, the CHAdeMo at Sprouts Market is not only a good choice, it is probably one of the best choices (because you have the adapter, and because it is free). The CHAdeMos at the Nissan dealers are 20 kW, where the one at Sprouts is 50 kW. Also, there are places nearby to keep you somewhat entertained (shopping/food). I would recommend "topping off" at the Las Vegas, NM supercharger on your way down, if you go that way and have the time. The main limitation of the Sprouts CHAdeMo is that, at least last year, limits charging to 80% SOC. There are a few places in Santa Fe with L2 J1772s as well, that might be near places you might go.

@BobinBoulder, I made several trips from Albuquerque to Santa Fe last year, and can mention a few things. As @cjt3 mentions, the CHAdeMo at Sprouts Market is not only a good choice, it is probably one of the best choices (because you have the adapter, and because it is free). The CHAdeMos at the Nissan dealers are 20 kW, where the one at Sprouts is 50 kW. Also, there are places nearby to keep you somewhat entertained (shopping/food). I would recommend "topping off" at the Las Vegas, NM supercharger on your way down, if you go that way and have the time. The main limitation of the Sprouts CHAdeMo is that, at least last year, limits charging to 80% SOC. There are a few places in Santa Fe with L2 J1772s as well, that might be near places you might go.

Thanks for the info. That's great to know. I was planning on stopping at the Las Vegas SC, but may get diverted through Taos, so the last one I see may be the Trinidad charger then on to Santa Fe. Not sure just yet.

I'll definitely seek out the Sprouts location.

Thanks for Everyone who offered advice. Had a GREAT time. Highly recommend the Santa Fe Opera, (even if you're not a fan of the music) for an amazing experience.

Ended up with plenty of charge after a full charge in Las Vegas, to putter around Santa Fe and get back to Las Vegas for the trip back.