Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weekend Upgrades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to share a few upgrades i made to my S85 today, let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to help.

The first project was installing the NVX B.O.O.S.T sub and amp. This was the most involved project of the three but this video is a huge help and walks you through the process step by step. Still tweaking the settings on the amp but so far pretty happy.

The second project I took on was installing some led lights in both front footwells, the center console storage compartment, and under the two front seats pointing rear for the rear passengers. I used the switched 12V power that was outlined in this post. I then took that 12V and stepped it down to 9V (wanted to dim the lights a bit) and ran that under the carpets to the rear AC vents and front footwells and mounted everything up. So var very happy with how it looks in my garage with the lights off, going to see how it looks tonight out on the road. Feel this adds a big improvement to the overall feel of the interior and something that Tesla lacks compared to Mercedes.

The third was to install a Homelink compatible receiver that I could then take the relay out and use that to trigger my complex's DKS (rolling code system that won't work with homelink) remote so I can open the complex gate with the tough screen. I mounted the homelink receiver to the top of the frunk storage next to the NVX amp and then mounted the existing DKS remote that I am now triggering with the new receiver behind the nosecone. This added bonus to moving the remote to the nosecone was an improved range when trying to open the gate.

Anyways here are just two pictures of the lighting, let me know if you have any questions.... happy to help.

IMG_0036.jpg
IMG_0033.jpg