Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weighed my 18" winter tire package for P3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I was putting the snows on I decided to weigh them.

These are 235/45R18 Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 mounted on 18x8 Black Painted TRMotorsport C4 wheels.

Weight came to 44 pounds per wheel and tire.

Also weighed my stock 20" wheels and tires (with 17K miles on them) and they came to 52 Pounds!

I expected a difference but 8 pounds per is a LOT!

Attachments

• 20191104_110818.jpg
    20191104_110818.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 188
Reactions: Solmors and KenC
Yep I got them from tire rack...because they were lightest of the reasonably priced wheels.
You should benefit not only from the weight reduction, but the sprung weight and the mass being brought closer to the center of the wheel. This will help acceleration. I bet with the latest 5% power bump and this 18" setup 0 to 60 times will drop in the 2s.

I'm thinking about these too. Anyone have suggestions of 18-inch wheels thàt fit over performance brakes? If it were lighter or very close to this weight than the TR Motorsport, I'm interested!

Tsportline just feels a little over priced for what they are but they aren't too outrageous and they look great.

I'm thinking about these too. Anyone have suggestions of 18-inch wheels thàt fit over performance brakes? If it were lighter or very close to this weight than the TR Motorsport, I'm interested!

I have the 18" Titan7 T-S5 wheels and they work fine with the upgraded performance brakes. They are more expensive than the Tsportlines, but are lighter and forged. I'm happy with them so far...