Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weighing options between reserved Used or New with incentives

Lightly Used LR RWD @ ~$38k vs New w/ a few miles LR AWD @ ~41k

• Used LR RWD - 1.8k miles is barely anything, no tax rebates to deal with, 19" wheels included

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Newish LR AWD - ~200 mi is basically new, take advantage of tax breaks, AWD upgrade

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PNWLeccy

Jul 11, 2019
Denver
I have deposit down on Used MSM LR RWD w/ 1.8k miles and 19" wheels for $35.8 but $2k transport fee brings it to $37.8k.

I have a possible deal for a *Newish LR AWD ~100mi. that comes to about $41k with state and fed tax incentives.

Question: Would you go with the New for ~$3k more and an upgrade from RWD to AWD?

Last edited:
Tough call. I personally had been set on a LR RWD w/aero since the AWD seems mostly overkill for my needs and I'd prefer to max out range. That said, the additional performance is appealing at that price. Color for me has been fairly important as well, so that would help decide it.

Facing a similar decision myself. My reservation for the used is a LR AWD, very early VIN (14xx) with only 2K miles that was traded in to Tesla almost a year ago. Used saves me between 3.5 and 6K vs a new LR AWD depending on what CA does for their rebate program funding for new cars. I'm really torn.

In my case, it's AP 2.0 on a VIN inside the first 1500 vehicles made. FUD says that's a bad thing, but I have yet to see anything concrete that says AP 3.0 will perform differently than AP 2.0 in any current use case. I'm new to this, so I may be missing something.