Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Automatic Phone Connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there. I'm having 4 very frustrating issues with my Model S:

1. Every time I get into my car and the bluetooth connects to my phone, my phone starts playing music from my iTunes playlist, even if I didn't have the app opened. If the car is set to radio or another input (or even on mute) my phone will start playing music, even if I can't hear it. It drains my battery really quickly and I have to remember to take out my phone whenever I get into the car and turn off the music after the car turns it on.
  2. In addition, but probably related, sometimes I won't have the radio on but after I get out of the car, close the door and the car disconnects the bluetooth from my phone the radio will start playing. I have to open the car door and shut it again to turn off the radio.
  3. Also, if I have the radio on mute and get a phone call, when I hang up the call the radio automatically turns on.
  4. Lastly, if the radio is off and someone opens one of the back doors, sometimes the radio will turn on.
I know it's not just a problem with my iPhone because when a tech at the local Tesla showroom paired his Android phone with my car he had the same issue.

Please let me know if anyone has had these issues. I've been having it since mid 2018 and Tesla keeps telling me the glitch will be fixed in a future update but they've been saying that to me since 2018 and, while they have been updating games I never play on the car, they haven't fixed this issue.