Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just don't click install. :D I've waited through THREE updates now. I had 2022.24.6, 2022.28.1 and now 2022.28.2 pushed. I haven't installed any of these. Waiting for someone to install to the latest 2022.28.2 and report back.
Thank you but I thought it will automatically “install”?

How did you prevent it from installing on its own after it gets pushed? My understanding it doesn’t even need Internet connection once downloaded/pushed to the car?

Reactions: navguy12
Just don't click install. :D I've waited through THREE updates now. I had 2022.24.6, 2022.28.1 and now 2022.28.2 pushed. I haven't installed any of these. Waiting for someone to install to the latest 2022.28.2 and report back.
My update stock at 8% when downloading.
After that I rebooted the car by pressing both scroll wheels.

Now my car is not getting the update any more. It says my SW is up to date, but there is still a green error pointing down at my status bar.

In my Tesla app, it still says downloading at 8%. How can I resume the update?

Never had this issue but today when me car got 2022.24.6 i noticed after the update this werid buzzing sound coming from the car

I did reset and power off/on with no luck

Opened service request with Tesla and waiting there reaponse but wanted to see if anyone experienced this.

Because the sound seems (not 100% sure coming from the frunk toward the lower side) i am worried something wrong with the battery so i moved the car outside the garage away from my other Tesla waiting for the service center to respond.

Same here... just after 2022.24.8 update

So when we get a change to the software via OTA update, is it a whole new rewrite of everything?! It seems the shutdown/sleep state of the motor or inverter or whatever is energized now, was done well. No need to redo it for a software update about driver profiles?
Always a LOT behind the scenes that don’t make the release notes. Release notes focus mainly on items they know the customer will notice or appreciate.

It’s not a full rewrite every time but they have many programmers on many systems and they are all adding in parts as they believe they are ready.

For example, this could have been an update intended to SAVE energy or increase efficiency in the sub system. Maybe it would have helped .03%, not something a regular customer would care about and would overlook if in the notes (or even make fun of) so they leave it out but every improvement, even small adds up.

Unfortunately in this case it broke something….