Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2022 Model S LR (January Build)
Prior to software updates, no buzzing sound
Sept 6, Installed 2022.24.6 Buzzing sound starts immediately after update
Sept 7, Installed 2022.24.8 Buzzing continues
Sept 14, Installed 2022.28.1 Buzzing continues
Sept 16, Installed 2022.28.2 Buzzing continues
... waiting for the next update, maybe 28.3 will reverse the source cause of this

• Informative
Reactions: Almost
Did you get the new Status Bar in the top right?
I did
Continuous high pitch whining noise from 2022 tesla model S while parked, mainly from the front. It does not go away, any clue?
hi folks, I got my car from service today and they acknowledged this is the pump continuing to run due to a know firmware bug. There should be a fix coming. My car is downloading an update now and I hope this is it

Reactions: WilliamG
I really can’t believe it would take that long to fix either. Just unacceptable. Can you imagine if something like this happened to Apple? The whole media/consumers would just crucify them, but Apple would have a fix almost immediately. T

Tesla should be lambasted for this and make it a big media issue, ie questioning if their car is safe to drive and that will get it fixed. As a new Tesla owner it is unsettling, when you think your car might possible catch fire. Who knows…. This needs to be fixed now and I am blasting Elon on twitter and so should everyone else. Media needs to pick this up too.

I have really enjoyed my Tesla experience so far, but the biggest disappointments are the software upgrades. Not one change to the drivers console, the media interface Is really bad (no presents or real favorites, no media on drivers console, etc) and 3/Y owners get upgrades before S/X do, like being able to move blind spot, etc. Meanwhile, Tesla adds a new game or another so called FSD beta feature, which are worthless. 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: pilotSteve
honest question, why is everyone getting so worked up by the buzzing? reading through comments it almost feels like this buzzing will deter them from ever purchasing another tesla again - is the buzzing that serious? does it affect the cars drivability or performance in some way?
How does anyone no what it could cause? Sure sound serious and potentially a safety issue. My wife does not even want the car in the garage, but we are first time EV owners, so maybe a lot more cautious.

honest question, why is everyone getting so worked up by the buzzing? reading through comments it almost feels like this buzzing will deter them from ever purchasing another tesla again - is the buzzing that serious? does it affect the cars drivability or performance in some way?
A few reasons:
1) It's a $120k car. It shouldn't make loud noises... ever.
2) It's so loud that it is embarrassing to even park it in a parking lot with this noise. People rightly look at it like what the hell is wrong with your car.
3) It should be top priority to fix this... Service centers are overwhelmed and have no idea about software issues.

I don't even want to drive the car while this is going on. Taking my wife's car instead when we go out.

I love Tesla and love my car, but this is ridiculous.