Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll try later but the sound is EXACTLY as per the short video in this article which led me to this thread.

First I thought it was coming from the dash. Then I thought it was coming from the frunk. It’s weird in that it’s hard to pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from. It feels like the whole front of the car.

ps I’m in Australia and my car is Shanghai built
A video would be great when you get a moment. Thank you.

Reactions: kpdog
I have the same issue with model x plaid after 2022.24.6.6 update last week. Services center said it’s a known Issue and will be fix on the next software update. Just updated to 2022.28.2. Still the same issue with the high pitch sound when the car wake up after the click.

Had the service tech come out and say "the sound is normal" and when I said it started after an update; he said "weird isn't it"

Then he proceeded to destroy my wood trim as he was fixing a window rattle.

He was a nice person / guy; but what a shitty day; and the damn buzz is OF COURSE still there

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Had the service tech come out and say "the sound is normal" and when I said it started after an update; he said "weird isn't it"

Then he proceeded to destroy my wood trim as he was fixing a window rattle.

He was a nice person / guy; but what a shitty day; and the damn buzz is OF COURSE still there
You should be surprised of yourself for being surprised that you got a joke of service.
I already pretty much rebuilt the whole interior to fix rattles since the service guys of Tesla are so incompetent.

Reactions: kazamm
We just took delivery of a new 2022 X LR on Tuesday and it has been doing this continuously when parked. The car is on software version 2022.23.101.2. Already made a service appointment for next week. I hope they can do something about it, it’s super annoying
That’s interesting. This issue started on 2022.24.6, so I wonder why a week-23 (one of those delivery-only software revisions) exhibits it.

• Informative
Reactions: MitchMitch