Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the heads up on this Is it possible to skip 2022.24.6 and go directly to the following update? Or does it require a sequential order before the latest can be installed?
You can skip, but it just depends on what version they send to your car. If they are having issues with .6 they might hold off on pushing it to more cars.

Have the same noise after new software, X louder than S. X been in service for entire week now, tech saying it's normal... Hmmm.. I told them to try hard reset, hopefully it'll be done by Friday, since SC waiting for recall (airbag) parts to come in. Noise is very annoying when in the garage. Video and SC tech reply attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220907_214423_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20220907_214423_Tesla.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 165
Have the same noise after new software, X louder than S. X been in service for entire week now, tech saying it's normal... Hmmm.. I told them to try hard reset, hopefully it'll be done by Friday, since SC waiting for recall (airbag) parts to come in. Noise is very annoying when in the garage. Video and SC tech reply attached.

Further proof that Tesla have literally no clue. That sound is not normal. It’ll get fixed in the next update I’d guess. What ninnies…

That is a bummer that the software pushed is not fixing this. I scheduled a service appointment for next Tuesday, but I think it will be a waste of time and don’t want them keeping my car either. Think they will have to push another software update to fix this, whatever it is. Hopefully, Tesla addresses this immediately and that it is safe to keep parking/driving the car.

Reactions: nilesborg
I have the exact high pitched whining sound in July/Aug time frame (outside the garage is triple digits). Usually happens if I drive for some distance 60 miles or so and then it started the sound after resting overnight, it will last many hours until I open the door and the AC kicks in, then it stops. I take it to the SC and they ran thermal test, cannot reproduce it and said normal and suspected it is battery system conditioning. I eventually replaced the 12v battery and the outside temperature also dropped to 90s, and I haven’t noticed the sound again. I only discovered this sound after I upgraded to the FSD beta. It’s still a mystery to me.

Last edited:

Thank for the update, that sucks they used the norma BS card.

What is the super manifold? Is it tied to the battery/drive system ?

Got a call from Tesla someone in Fremont, he said they are getting multiple reports with the same issue and 2022.24.8 did not resolve the issue. no way to go back which sucks so pretty much live with it until a future software fixes the issue.

They are trying to move my appt from 10/1 to maybe early next week to see the car, as apparently they want to confirm it is the same issue (I guess as mentioned above it is tied to something under the driver seat). so they can flag my car for the engineering team to pull logs and data.

SUCKS BIG TIME.

• Informative
Reactions: jiehan and DBV1