Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
before the issue started the degrdation was at 0% for 6k miles.

Since the issue started on 9/6. I only did 3 charges, drove 250 miles and it dropped 0.4%

So tell me this is not an issue!

Tessie shows my battery degradation changing daily - up and down. Not sure how accurate? It seems to vary on how long and how deep I charge.

I have seen only an improvement since this started of approx. 0.2%.

Tessie shows my battery degradation changing daily - up and down. Not sure how accurate? It seems to vary on how long and how deep I charge.

I have seen only an improvement since this started of approx. 0.2%.
That's not what I have seen on 3 Teslas that I have/had access to. Usually once it goes down, it never goes up, at least that was the case in my situation in FL where temperature does not change a lot. maybe different if you have bigger temperature swing.

Last edited:
Exact same issue here on my 2022 MS but not on my 2019 MX, even thought they both have the most up-to-date software!
Has Tesla commented on this at all? If so, is there an ETA for the SW fix (since it started with their 2022.24.8 update)?

Thanks

Exact same issue here on my 2022 MS but not on my 2019 MX, even thought they both have the most up-to-date software!
Has Tesla commented on this at all? If so, is there an ETA for the SW fix (since it started with their 2022.24.8 update)?

Thanks
No ETA for a fix, since Tesla officially haven't acknowledged there's even an issue. And no, a service center rep is not - for me, - an official response. But there's the remote possibility this is fixed in a forthcoming 2022.36.1 update based on one interaction with Tesla service. We'll see.

That not what I have seen on 3 Teslas that I have/had access to. Usually once it goes down, it never goes up, at least that was the case in my situation in FL where temperature does not change a lot. maybe different if you have bigger temperature swing.

Yes, it has been weird that it has fluctuated. I did not get Tessie until 20k miles. Have been on it for the last 25k+ miles. It is down about 0.2% from its peak over time. It has gone lower but back up and then down. No issues with the battery so I just watch it for something to do.

Not sure about the temperature but the car has seen -10 ~ +110F.

Wow, that Energy App is amazing. Combined with the recent substantial improvements to Navigation (alternate routes, re-routing, better traffic colors), I will put up with some buzzing for awhile. I would actually be surprised if they solve that in the same release, but fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Wow, that Energy App is amazing. Combined with the recent substantial improvements to Navigation (alternate routes, re-routing, better traffic colors), I will put up with some buzzing for awhile. I would actually be surprise if they solve that in the same release, but fingers crossed.
Now I understand why energy graph went away on the S/X. Hope this makes it way to our cars with the update!

The new energy graph in 2022.36 is GOLD. Wanted more drilled-down data like this for ages. Let’s hope they drill down even further (specifically for heated/ventilated seats etc - or maybe that will just be part of climate so easy to figure it out). Super awesome.

Then if it fixes the buzzing, I’ll be able to finally update my car. Woohoo.
I just updated to 24.6. Got sick of it prompting me every time i got in car. No buzzing.

Yes, it has been weird that it has fluctuated. I did not get Tessie until 20k miles. Have been on it for the last 25k+ miles. It is down about 0.2% from its peak over time. It has gone lower but back up and then down. No issues with the battery so I just watch it for something to do.

Not sure about the temperature but the car has seen -10 ~ +110F.
Can you post a screen capture of your Tessie battery health graph as compared to fleet, thank you.