Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Continuous high pitch whining noise from 2022 tesla model S while parked, mainly from the front. It does not go away, any clue?
I just got a 2022 Model S in June and a month ago my car stating to make the High pitch whining noise while park all the time According to Service they said is a firmware software update but they don't know how to fix it the car is still with service for more than a week still working on it.

One more charge last night and battery dropped another 0.1%

Was 0% for 6 months before updating to this garbage 2022.24.6 and since then it dropped by 0.5% in less than 3 weeks.

You are still very low mileage and those will naturally drop as it ages. It may be related to the noise or not - not sure - not an expert at all on batteries. I am just here to drive the pig.

• Funny
Reactions: navguy12
Hmm, I set my charge to 90% and it only charged to 88%. I set to 80% and it charged to 79%........I think this buzzing crap is eating up my battery life? :rolleyes:
If you set to 80%, what time did it stop charging and then when did you look at it to discover 79%? There will always be some phantom drain especially if you have sentry on, mobile app active, etc. Did you use mobile app to set at 80% (the slider is more accurate in app), and did alert tell you it charged to 79%?

One more charge last night and battery dropped another 0.1%

Was 0% for 6 months before updating to this garbage 2022.24.6 and since then it dropped by 0.5% in less than 3 weeks.
My Feb 2022 MSLR degraded 3.8% by June. It's been holding steady without further degradation since then. This is below the Tessie fleet average. If it stays steady it will approach fleet average. The buzz is not affecting the battery health. Wanna trade?

How do our constantly beeping cars get the attention of Tesla to fast track the next "upgrade"? Tesla should be super embarrassed by this. Why is everyone ok with just waiting till the next software revision is released? I'm ready to call for the lemon law. Its ridiculous. Never have I even heard of such a thing. If this was one of my Chevrolets, It would be sitting in their service area until its fixed. I cant do that because its 4 hours away. I'm told that Tesla used to come and pick up your car with a service issue. That would be ok. I won't drive the car. Tired of hearing people ask why my car is making the constant beeeep. I can't even sell it. Who would buy a car that is constantly beeping? Maybe we should have an attorney involved? 1st and last Tesla...

How do our constantly beeping cars get the attention of Tesla to fast track the next "upgrade"? Tesla should be super embarrassed by this. Why is everyone ok with just waiting till the next software revision is released? I'm ready to call for the lemon law. Its ridiculous. Never have I even heard of such a thing. If this was one of my Chevrolets, It would be sitting in their service area until its fixed. I cant do that because its 4 hours away. I'm told that Tesla used to come and pick up your car with a service issue. That would be ok. I won't drive the car. Tired of hearing people ask why my car is making the constant beeeep. I can't even sell it. Who would buy a car that is constantly beeping? Maybe we should have an attorney involved? 1st and last Tesla...

You might be new here.... We've already dealt with a "cooing" rear view mirror, buzzing yoke, and other annoying noise issues on this car due to bad software. 😂

I've been around long enough to remember when there was a software upgrade that intentionally took away 50 HP from my P90DL Model S. That was a frustrating "upgrade".

Come to think of it, why did I buy another one? :rolleyes:

You might be new here.... We've already dealt with a "cooing" rear view mirror, buzzing yoke, and other annoying noise issues on this car due to bad software. 😂

I've been around long enough to remember when there was a software upgrade that intentionally took away 50 HP from my P90DL Model S. That was a frustrating "upgrade".

Come to think of it, why did I buy another one? :rolleyes:
Stick it to Tesla where it hurts, their pockets.

Now that Tesla has ventured into the price bracket of the high end car manufacturers they will quickly alienate the people that can afford to buy those vehicles.

Stick it to Tesla where it hurts, their pockets.

Now that Tesla has ventured into the price bracket of the high end car manufacturers they will quickly alienate the people that can afford to buy those vehicles.
Yeah. But what else is there that is as fast? I only really care about fast EVs.
Taycan is slower and $200k once optioned.
Lucid air sapphire is interesting, but $250k

Reactions: SoCal Buzz
Yeah. But what else is there that is as fast? I only really care about fast EVs.

I was at service today getting my creaking seat replaced, and ran into this awesome guy with a new Model X Plaid. He and I both agreed that Tesla is going to lose customers hugely as soon as the legacy manufacturers catch up, which they ARE. None of us want to be dealing with this nonsense on these hugely expensive cars.

I was at service today getting my creaking seat replaced, and ran into this awesome guy with a new Model X Plaid. He and I both agreed that Tesla is going to lose customers hugely as soon as the legacy manufacturers catch up, which they ARE. None of us want to be dealing with this nonsense on these hugely expensive
agree. The plaid is actually a great value proposition from a performance perspective. Which is why I bought mine. And you can’t get faster by spending more money. But when Porsche catches up, which they will imo, that’s when buyers will switch over.

For a lot more money.
Yup…$224,000…..But ohhhhh the leather and quality:p😜

26343735-A673-4C9F-82F1-E0BAAAE50D3A.jpeg
AADCB9E6-5F27-448D-BDA4-2656D6A63A59.jpeg
F4042446-46F7-4EF6-8488-2EE096563EA3.jpeg