Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird buzzing sound after updating to 2022.24.6 [Fixed in 2022.36.1]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup…$224,000…..But ohhhhh the leather and quality:p😜

View attachment 857640
You can get the same leather quality on a lower trim Taycan, they start at $86,700K. I won't go anywhere near as fast as Plaid in a straight line, but will brake quicker and more reliably, will turn tighter too with rear wheel steering, has options such as HUD or night vision, much better suspension options, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, etc, etc.

You can get the same leather quality on a lower trim Taycan, they start at $86,700K. I won't go anywhere near as fast as Plaid in a straight line, but will brake quicker and more reliably, will turn tighter too with rear wheel steering, has options such as HUD or night vision, much better suspension options, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, etc, etc.
Very true. I just wish the Taycan had range similar to model S or Lucid. Weak spot and hope they catch up quickly.

Very true. I just wish the Taycan had range similar to model S or Lucid. Weak spot and hope they catch up quickly.
I didn't think the actual range in the Taycan was that different. The rated range is absurdly low. But, the larger battery Taycan is 93 kwhr. The refresh S is under 100 kwhr. I'd guess the real range is not that different. I thought I saw a test that showed that too.

I did feel like the interior usable space was a lot less in the Taycan, for some reason.

Reactions: Hayseed_MS
I didn't think the actual range in the Taycan was that different. The rated range is absurdly low. But, the larger battery Taycan is 93 kwhr. The refresh S is under 100 kwhr. I'd guess the real range is not that different. I thought I saw a test that showed that too.

I did feel like the interior usable space was a lot less in the Taycan, for some reason.
There’s a good reason! It’s tiny inside, more akin to a Model 3. Trunk is tiny, legroom is tiny. It’s not in the same practicality league as the S.

Reactions: DBV1
Yes and no, depends for whom. Between me and my wife we've had 4 Model S, none with higher range than the Taycan, and the only time I wish I had a bigger battery was on one leg of one trip with an S60, and it was back in 2014 where superchargers were very scarce. I took my P85D coast-to-cost in 2016, did just fine with it. I am replacing it soon with a Taycan soon, so actually going up in range a tad. My wife is keeping get current 75D for now. In her entire EV owning experience (since 2016) she's only ever charged once outside the house. Her next car will probably be the EQS, which has longer range, but that is not a main consideration. EQS by the way seems like a luxury Model S, sans Plaid power of course.

Last edited:

Taycan is a bit heavier and slightly less efficient (though apparently with the latest software update Porsche claims significant improved, changed which motor they disengage on the highway, etc), but between that and the extra 7.5% battery capacity, the Model S LR definitely has a higher range. My guess would be in practice the S will get you 60 or more additional miles of range.

Taycan sedan usable space is horrible as compared to the Model S. That's why there are now Taycan Cross Turismo and Taycan Sport Turismo. The outside dimensions of the Taycan are almost identical to the Model S, here is a rough trunk space comparison:
1664391810319.png

Model 3… Can you post a video of this?
I’ll try later but the sound is EXACTLY as per the short video in this article which led me to this thread.

First I thought it was coming from the dash. Then I thought it was coming from the frunk. It’s weird in that it’s hard to pinpoint exactly where the sound is coming from. It feels like the whole front of the car.

ps I’m in Australia and my car is Shanghai built