Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird car restart and erased/deleted profile and settings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday I went into my Model Y and the car visualization stopped working. As usual, I just held both buttons down to restart. I let go of the buttons and waited. A couple seconds later I hit the brake button (might've caused this issue?) then the Tesla logo appeared.

As far as I know, holding brake + both buttons shouldn't erase all profiles and settings.

This wasn't due to an update either. I haven't installed an update for a couple weeks already.

Any one know what happened?

intersting -- I had same issues you guys are reporting. First - I lost auto steer.. Rebooted with pedal -- lost everything -- maps need dto be updated -- had to do multiple reboots -- thought I was at Tesla HQ - and - street signs were like I was in Britain. Im wondering if you guys haven't received an update for a while also -- I haven't been update din many weeks.. Odd behavior.

intersting -- I had same issues you guys are reporting. First - I lost auto steer.. Rebooted with pedal -- lost everything -- maps need dto be updated -- had to do multiple reboots -- thought I was at Tesla HQ - and - street signs were like I was in Britain. Im wondering if you guys haven't received an update for a while also -- I haven't been update din many weeks.. Odd behavior.
everything did go back to normal - we are now on software 2021.4.15 if that helps

Did everything go back by itself or did you have to contact Tesla? The same thing happened to me tonight. Lost all profile, Homelink, Navigation on AP, etc. Just need to know if it will fix itself or I have to contact Tesla. Thanks.
They can't do anything, it's not backed up. you have to re-input all the profile info and logins. The nav and all that just reset itself on it's own