Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird door handle problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Friday night I come out of the restaurant and my driver side doors wont unlock. Passenger side works just fine. So I climb in through passenger side.

Saturday morning, I pull fuses that control both the right and left side of the doors. Everything seems to be working after resetting via the fuses.

Sunday morning doors will not unlock. I accidentally used the FOB to roll the windows down and guess what, the window controls on the door aren't working either. Basically the entire driver side controls aren't working (Locks, Windows, Mirrors). I pull the fuses again - it works for about 3 minutes then stops responding.

Service is taking a look tomorrow - they say they are replacing door handles, but I'm not convinced it's an actual handle issue. Anyone else have one side of the car completely die on them?

this is interesting. My neighbor who just took delivery of a + had a similar issue. It was on the rear passenger door and the window would not close after it was lowered and the door handle would not release from the inside (child lock off). He is scheduled next week for service to look at it.