TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Weird door handle problem

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by brandonmbeard, Mar 31, 2014.

1. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

So Friday night I come out of the restaurant and my driver side doors wont unlock. Passenger side works just fine. So I climb in through passenger side.

Saturday morning, I pull fuses that control both the right and left side of the doors. Everything seems to be working after resetting via the fuses.

Sunday morning doors will not unlock. I accidentally used the FOB to roll the windows down and guess what, the window controls on the door aren't working either. Basically the entire driver side controls aren't working (Locks, Windows, Mirrors). I pull the fuses again - it works for about 3 minutes then stops responding.

Service is taking a look tomorrow - they say they are replacing door handles, but I'm not convinced it's an actual handle issue. Anyone else have one side of the car completely die on them?

2. montgom626

montgom626 Active Member

What do you mean by won't unlock

What do you mean by won't unlock? Handles won't present? Or when you pull on the handles, the car won't open?

3. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

Handles will not present under any circumstance

**Update service said the driver door handle failed which somehow took out the driver side passenger handle, as well as the interior door controls. Handle was replaced and verified working. Also got 5.9 as a bonus for visiting the service center.

4. TylerCA

TylerCA Member

this is interesting. My neighbor who just took delivery of a + had a similar issue. It was on the rear passenger door and the window would not close after it was lowered and the door handle would not release from the inside (child lock off). He is scheduled next week for service to look at it.