Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird experience with my M3 and a Turo rental

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SteelClouds

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2021
CA
I love the seats in my 2019 M3 Partial premium. I rented a 2020 M3 dual motor and the front seat is a different beast. My profile when it is used on the 2020 is completely wrong.. not by a little.. by a lot. And the killer is the #&&@# lumbar support. I cant get it to go flat like my 2019.
Is this normal? I rented a Y and hated the seats and thought it was Y itself.. now I'm thinking something changed between 2019 and 2020 on the seats. If I had test drove the 2020 before the 2019, I never would have bought the car. Am I just a bit crazy? I found conflicting info in searching if there were any published differences.

I love the seats in my 2019 M3 Partial premium. I rented a 2020 M3 dual motor and the front seat is a different beast. My profile when it is used on the 2020 is completely wrong.. not by a little.. by a lot. And the killer is the #&&@# lumbar support. I cant get it to go flat like my 2019.
Is this normal? I rented a Y and hated the seats and thought it was Y itself.. now I'm thinking something changed between 2019 and 2020 on the seats. If I had test drove the 2020 before the 2019, I never would have bought the car. Am I just a bit crazy? I found conflicting info in searching if there were any published differences.
I realize this post is 6 months old, but I just drove a 2023 M3 Standard range and felt like I could not live with the seat though I love my M3 2019 LR! How can it make such a big difference, I don’t know. Something is pushing and not giving in the wrong direction. I’m going to keep mine.

Reactions: SteelClouds