Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Feature Slip at Model 3 Reveal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bswn1

Feb 13, 2016
CA
I know this is super untimely, but I was rewatching the Model 3 reveal a few nights ago and saw something interesting.

This is the best picture I could find in a pinch, but if you watch the video of the event it's much clearer.

Elon-Musk-on-stage-with-Tesla-models-at-Model-3-reveal.jpg

http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/si...stage-with-Tesla-models-at-Model-3-reveal.jpg

If you look at the Model S, you'll notice the headlights in the rendering are the LEDs that were launched in mid-April with the refresh. Obviously the Model 3 launch was before the refresh rolled out.

Did anyone else catch this? Was this discussed and did I miss the thread? Wonder how they missed this.

As you noted, the images of the various Tesla models shown there are just renderings, not actual photographs. I'm not certain that that Model S image has the new LED headlights, hard to telll in my opinion. Even if it does, I don't know what useful information can be determined from that conclusion. Am I missing something?

As you noted, the images of the various Tesla models shown there are just renderings, not actual photographs. I'm not certain that that Model S image has the new LED headlights, hard to telll in my opinion. Even if it does, I don't know what useful information can be determined from that conclusion. Am I missing something?

It's definitely the LED lights, it's much clearer on the video.

The information would have been very useful if we had noticed the change at the time, as this was a big upgrade that was part of the refresh.