Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird FSD beta Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
So today while using the FSD beta my route was planned to go home, as it got off the highway turning into a curve on the off ramp the car went nuts and told me take control. I did so but then it completely shut down the beta, acting like I got a strike, the rear camera and repeaters were blank, and there wasn't even a gray little steering wheel icon on the display. I checked the settings and the beta wasn't checked, so I re-checked it. A few moments later the beta was working again and so were the cameras. Seems like my car keeps getting these weird software issues and because of this I just don't feel full self driving with happen for at least another decade.

I doubt they'd be able to replicate it and then that would have been a wasted 2 hour drive to my closest Tesla Service Center. Plus, it's outside the warranty period, so I'd have to pay for them to try and figure it out.
If it happens again, click the right steering wheel button and say "bug report". Then get to the service center within 30 days.

I assumed that you were posting here in hopes of finding some remedy.

I assumed that you were posting here in hopes of finding some remedy.
It's a software issue probably never find a solution, but I think I was just venting.

A month or so ago when I started to backup into a Supercharger the rear camera went blank, so tried putting it in forward and nothing happened. Put it back into reverse and carefully backed in, without the rear camera. Did the two scroll wheel reboot and then it was fine. Not really liking having to reboot my car so often.

Reactions: JB47394