Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Issue with Blackvue Cam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I have DR650S-2CH installed on my 90D, but I have been experiencing a weird issue with it.
The dash cam would stop working once the car starts charging. It would stay on (all LED lights are still on), but it would stop recording. It won't resume normal operation until I power cycle it.
I forgot when it started doing this.
I'm just wondering if any of you had experience this issue and if you ever found a solution to it.

Where are you taking the power supply for the Dash cam from? Sounds like a low voltage problem.

Constant on power source. Doesn't have any issue when parked. I could park it and leave it for a week at a time (which I do because sometimes I walk to work for the entire week) and it would still be fine.
It only happens when charging is triggered.

You sure it's not just going into parking mode?
Also could be your memory card. Some third party cards don't work well with the Blackvue.
Not parking mode. It wouldn't say "parking mode off" when moving like it would if I just parked it for a few days.
Don't think it's the card, because it would work as long as it's not charging. See above.