Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Issue with TPMS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I'm having a weird issue with TPMS. Recently it's been getting colder outside and I started getting a low tire pressure notification for my passenger side front tire. When I clicked on the error though, it is showing that that tire has the exact same PSI as the other tires (37), yet none of the other tires are showing as being low.

I tried pumping all of them up to the recommended 42 PSI, but it's continuing to show that one tire as being low.

Could this be a bad TPMS sensor, or is this a bug? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2020-10-12 21.11.31.jpg

Were they at 37 PSI per the screen when you checked them?
Did you drive after inflating? You'll need to drive some to get them to update.
The low one may have been at 36.5 psi and so gave the warning.
FWIW I tend to check mine on almost every drive so I can spot a low one early.
Especially if I am on a trip.

Were they at 37 PSI per the screen when you checked them?
Did you drive after inflating? You'll need to drive some to get them to update.
The low one may have been at 36.5 psi and so gave the warning.
FWIW I tend to check mine on almost every drive so I can spot a low one early.
Especially if I am on a trip.
Yep, I drove a couple of miles and now they're all at 42/43 PSI now, but the same tire is showing up in orange text and I'm still getting the error. So weird...

Hi All,

I'm having a weird issue with TPMS. Recently it's been getting colder outside and I started getting a low tire pressure notification for my passenger side front tire. When I clicked on the error though, it is showing that that tire has the exact same PSI as the other tires (37), yet none of the other tires are showing as being low.

I tried pumping all of them up to the recommended 42 PSI, but it's continuing to show that one tire as being low.

Could this be a bad TPMS sensor, or is this a bug? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 598545
Hello, I know many of you are looking for TPMS for the Model Y. The company I work for, PMCtire.com has TPMS from the manufacturer Tesla, specifically made for your Model Y. We sell them assembled in wheels and can ship them anywhere in Canada. I believe this can help many of you who live far from a Tesla retailer. Have a nice day