Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird model S suspension issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I have an issue with the air suspension on my 2015 model S. Sometimes the suspension will just "collapse on either the front or back wheels. It looks like all the air goes out of the suspension and the belly of the car ends up scrapping any speed bumps. If I stop the car for a minute or two and re-start the suspension re-inflates and the problem goes away. This is a very intermittent fault. It happens maybe once a month. It can happen while driving but generally happens first thing when I get into the car.

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue before? All advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

The suspension sometimes does drop overnight naturally, but once you start it up and hold the brake it should start to raise again. Some have noted that when they park over one of those cement parking blocks, the car lowers and then gets caught on it as you back out. If you are seeing this while driving then I would say you have a more serious problem. If all four are doing that then its either a compressor or hose issue. Those aren't too expensive. The actual air shocks failing will be much more costly.