Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Navigation issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went on my first long road trip from Tampa, FL to Greenville, SC.

On the way back home I stopped at the Santee, SC Supercharger and continued my trip after the trip planner told me. Actually I always added an extra 5%. Anyway shortly after continue driving on I-95 the GPS tried to reroute me back to the Santee Supercharger instead of continueing me to the Savannah Supercharger. I didn't go back and cancelled my route on the GPS and made the Savannah Supercharger my destination and it continued me driving there without a extra stop going back to Santee and it showed that I had enough juice to arrive with 12% battery left. I then started playing around and changed the destination again to my home address in Florida and the tripplanner again told me I had to turn around and go back to santee to charge instead of sending me to Savannah.

Anyone has an explanation on why it would send me back like this ?

Other than that I had a very successfull and great Road Trip :)

Just had a similar experience after visiting the new SC in Orangeburg. Tesla route planner had our trip from Charleston to Asheville with one stop at Orangeburg. However once we continued the route was changed to take us via Greenville SC adding about an hour to our trip. We cancelled the route planning and continued our journey until after passing the Greenville I-385 interchange, where we then put in our Asheville destination and the car happily routed us direct to Asheville estimating 15% charge remaining which was in fact the case.

A bit frustrating to have to fight the route planner (this was with the V11 update).

Anyone else have similar reports and suggestions? There was no traffic issue beyond the usual Asheville slowdown for the construction on 26.

Edit: but I will try the re-routing suggestion next time it happens.