Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird noise from passenger rear wheel area solved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So had a strange noise at speeds below 5 mph only coming from the rear passenger wheel area. Thought it was a sone behind the brake shield. Then after a few months of having the sound got a warning from the TPMS. No pressure reading from rear passenger tire. Turns out when Costco repaired the tire they snapped the TMPS sensor off the rim and it has been rolling around inside my wheel. At least they are going to replace it, but have to wait for the part to come in. Just glad i finally figured it out. Was making me cringe and duck when driving through parking lots. Lol

• Informative
Reactions: Neo101 and KenC
WTF - your TPMS didn't fire immediately? TMPS sensor is ususally also attached to the valve stem, guess not in the tesla?
Not only did it not drop offline immediately, it still fed me pressure data up until i aired up the tire. Over a month at least. The day i aired the tires it went offline in the TPMS system. I was actually impressed it was still feeding data to the system.
31F8A011-46F6-4E42-AE1C-1AFD73677EE9.jpeg
DA2F3678-58E1-4B9C-A921-7954E1765710.jpeg
C61820B5-3C67-4BD6-8E0A-B8D7C669473F.jpeg

Thanks for posting this. I think I have the exact same issue. was about to post a new thread and TMC prompted this thread.

Got winter exchange done recently from….. Costco and getting a whooshing sound from rear passenger tire. Sounds like I have the same issue. Will have to take it back.

Reactions: Kilotango74