Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Noise/Vibration from Left Headlight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I"m getting a loud rubbing type noise (sort of sounds like when a fan belt is going out) from my left front headlight, and can even feel the headlight vibrating, This continues even when the car is off.

I have a service appointment for next week, but does anyone have any idea what this is?

My light had this issue and they replaced it. The other one also buzzes after the car is off but it's really really faint so I'm not too worried about it now. The new replacement light is dead silent. Probably a ballast issue or something.

This was the beginning of an maintenance ordeal for me as they chipped my paint and damaged my XPEL during the replacement. So they touched up the paint (annoyed they didn't repaint the front end) and ultimately reapplied XPEL and a nanoceramic coating.

The noise had stopped by this morning, so I'm wondering if whatever motor was causing the issue just burned itself out.

My light had this issue and they replaced it. The other one also buzzes after the car is off but it's really really faint so I'm not too worried about it now. The new replacement light is dead silent. Probably a ballast issue or something.

This was the beginning of an maintenance ordeal for me as they chipped my paint and damaged my XPEL during the replacement. So they touched up the paint (annoyed they didn't repaint the front end) and ultimately reapplied XPEL and a nanoceramic coating.

The outcome of this is that the headlight assembly ballast went bad.

Brought the car into Tesla service in Burbank Monday morning, they replaced both left and right headlight assemblies, and I was on my way Monday evening. Car perfectly silent again. Great and responsive service from Tesla.