Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird/Odd stuff happened

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was out last night; I knew that the batteries were low (70 miles) but I was local (within 10 miles of home) I had a few things running (wind screen heaters and the like) I got home and I got a message on the screen and saying low battery (now 60 miles) . . . . . . the screen controls were locked, I couldn’t access screen to turn off the demisters, fan etc. the screen locked me out of everything. I opened the charge flap from my phone and plugged it in. This morning I took a look on my phone and I have 60% charge and all looked OK (on the phone) except it showed my location on a road in about 500 yards back. I unlocked the charger (from my phone) and got into the car and was able to access the control screen. I then checked my phone and it now showed my location as outside my house. . . . all a bit ‘odd’ !

I was out last night; I knew that the batteries were low (70 miles) but I was local (within 10 miles of home) I had a few things running (wind screen heaters and the like) I got home and I got a message on the screen and saying low battery (now 60 miles) . . . . . . the screen controls were locked, I couldn’t access screen to turn off the demisters, fan etc. the screen locked me out of everything. I opened the charge flap from my phone and plugged it in. This morning I took a look on my phone and I have 60% charge and all looked OK (on the phone) except it showed my location on a road in about 500 yards back. I unlocked the charger (from my phone) and got into the car and was able to access the control screen. I then checked my phone and it now showed my location as outside my house. . . . all a bit ‘odd’ !
Just the app catching up with itself. I see that from time to time. No idea about the loss of screen input at low SOC. The phone app could also switch off your HVAC of course. (The charge port could also have been opened by pressing the bottom corner of the flap so that's another option to the phone app if the screen is unresponsive.)