TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Weird Rear Camera view

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by bmc, Jan 18, 2016.

1. bmc

bmc Member

Anyone else have this happen? Has only happened to me once, while backing in to park in a spot

Top half of camera image is on the bottom, and bottom half of camera image is on the top.
    If folks remember from the old CRT TV days, it would be like if the V-HOLD was messed up...

IMG_0330.jpg

2. Evee

Evee Member

Just reboot. Hold both scroll wheels until the screen goes black.

3. dirkhh

dirkhh Middle-aged Member

Yep, had that once. Reboot fixes it.

4. pgiralt

pgiralt Active Member

I've had it happen and didn't even have to reboot. Just got out of my car at my destination and next time I got in, it was fine.

5. freeewilly

freeewilly Member

It happened to my MS once, although it was 1/3 of the top image went to the bottom, reboot fixed it.

6. f-stop

f-stop Member

I've had this happen twice in the past couple days, both times when starting the car after it had been sitting parked for a while.
    I wonder if it's related to a recent update (currently on 7.1/2.12.126), I had never seen it before this week.

the place where the screen is "split" not always the same, once it was the bottom 2/3 of the camera view at the top, the next it was almost half.
    Reboot fixed the first instance. the second time I left it alone and when I returned to the car later it was back to normal without reboot.

Q: when you voice-record a bug report in the Model S, does it capture a screenshot automatically at same time?
    I didn't think of it until later, but maybe next time I will try sending a bug report from the car.

7. scottm

scottm Active Member

All this recently happening?

I wonder if Tesla is getting software ready to do split screen for more cameras coming.. for 360* views!?

8. Vasu

Vasu New Member

I have been a long time lurker. Thought time to chime in my observation :)

This screen is shown when the main screen is does not have camera in its view and you put the car in reverse. This is more helpful giving you all the sensor information.