Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Rear Camera view

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have this happen? Has only happened to me once, while backing in to park in a spot

Top half of camera image is on the bottom, and bottom half of camera image is on the top.
If folks remember from the old CRT TV days, it would be like if the V-HOLD was messed up...

IMG_0330.jpg

I've had this happen twice in the past couple days, both times when starting the car after it had been sitting parked for a while.
I wonder if it's related to a recent update (currently on 7.1/2.12.126), I had never seen it before this week.

the place where the screen is "split" not always the same, once it was the bottom 2/3 of the camera view at the top, the next it was almost half.
Reboot fixed the first instance. the second time I left it alone and when I returned to the car later it was back to normal without reboot.

Q: when you voice-record a bug report in the Model S, does it capture a screenshot automatically at same time?
I didn't think of it until later, but maybe next time I will try sending a bug report from the car.

I have been a long time lurker. Thought time to chime in my observation :)

This screen is shown when the main screen is does not have camera in its view and you put the car in reverse. This is more helpful giving you all the sensor information.