TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Weird reply behavior?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by MrBoylan, Jun 10, 2015.

1. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

I posted replies to two entirely separate messages within one thread and the forum seems to have consolidated them into one post:

Model X questions at the June 2015 Shareholders Meeting - Page 3

Is this normal behavior? I tried editing the post and redoing it but every time I tried to reply to that other post, it ended up consolidating both replies into a single reply post.

Any suggestions or comments on how I can correct that?

Thanks,

-Chris

2. cgiGuy

cgiGuy Active Member

I believe if you make back to back posts in the same thread within a certain amount of time, they get combined into one posting with the "---updated---" separator.

- - - Updated - - -

Like this second post I made about 30 seconds after the first.

3. rolosrevenge

rolosrevenge Dr. EVS

And I thought you were talking about me and Brianman based on the title...

4. MrBoylan

MrBoylan Member

OK, thanks. I'll wait longer next time. :) Weird that it would do that, though, as they were replies to different authors, not just different posts.

-CB

5. EldestOyster

EldestOyster Member

Apparently, it's "not a bug, but a feature". After it happened to me the first time, I realized whoever wrote the software thought it was a good way to handle someone making several posts.