TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Weird Request- Supercharger in South Hill, VA

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mrs_wk057, Jul 1, 2015.

1. mrs_wk057

mrs_wk057 Member

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I posted it under "off topic." We just left the South Hill, VA supercharger at Kahill's restaurant. There are numerous cats there that are nothing but fur and bones. We fed this one cat (a pure love bug) some beef jerky because thats all we had in the car with us. I asked the server if he could feed this one cat in particular since the kittens looked okay (still nursing it seems). He said he'll bring out scraps later on in the day. This one cat was such a sweetheart. Shr looked like a tan and brown tabby (medium hair). She just cried for love and food/water. If it were up to me, I'd take her with me since she was so loving and hungry. Of course my husband wouldn't allow it.

My request is that if any of you guys swing by there to charge, could you bring some dry food/cat treats/water in a bowl. If you see cats, throw some food near the dumpster area. I hate to see these animals starve to death. It truly broke my heart to leave the one cat stranded. Again, its just a request. Thank you guys for your time!

2. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker Beta Tester

Instead of feeding the cats scraps, I think it would be more humane to call a local shelter and have someone come pick them up. Then they can be offered for adoption and hopefully find a good home.

Feeding them and leaving them homeless will just lead to more and more homeless cats. The longer they are homeless, the more feral they will become and the less chance they will have of being adopted.

3. mrs_wk057

mrs_wk057 Member

I'm not from the area, so I'm not sure the appropriate place to contact. I just worry about kill-shelters. There always seems to be more cats each time we're there as well.

4. smil3193

smil3193 Owner (S85)

I was there twice this past week on a trip to DC and back. I brought cat food but didn't see any cats. My first stop was in the evening after dark and my second stop was on a rainy afternoon so I hope that's why. I hope they're okay.