TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Weird reset this morning

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by tnt1971, May 17, 2016.

1. tnt1971

tnt1971 Member

As I was arriving to work, on the 2nd to last turn before I got there, I had my signal light on, and after I completed the turn I still heard the clicking even though the light was off. The clicking was erratic. I tried turning the signal on and off again, but it continued. Then the center console screen went dark for a few seconds, and then displayed the Tesla symbol before coming back on. My GPS is now off, with the car showing itself someone that it is not, and I also noticed my charge timer was off (the car started charging immediately after I plugged it in, when I had it set to begin an hour and a half before I leave work).

This is the first time this has happened. Should I run to the dealer or see if it happens again? The car is about 3 months old with 3k on it. 85D.

2. Btrflyl8e

Btrflyl8e Active Member

I would reboot both the main console as well as the driver display, but I'd also call the service center so they can check the logs and see if it is something they need to service