Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird sound (maybe scrapping?) made when driving the car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20210422_124207.jpg
20210422_124423.jpg

The first picture is the back left of the car, it's like there's something hanging down from the undercarriage of the car. The second picture is the back right, and it doesn't show anything hanging down.

It was fine yesterday, only noticed this problem this morning. What is this? Should I schedule a service appointment?

More pictures of the left side would always help, but yeah, it looks like the plastic undertray may be hanging on that side. And yes, you should probably schedule an appt. If it were a suspension arm hanging, you should definitely not drive it.

More pictures of the left side would always help, but yeah, it looks like the plastic undertray may be hanging on that side. And yes, you should probably schedule an appt. If it were a suspension arm hanging, you should definitely not drive it.
Is it possible that I may just have a flat tire? TPMS isn't showing me anything and everything was fine after coming back home last night. Haven't driven anywhere today. The first picture is of the suspected flat (rear driver side) while the 2nd pic is of the rear passenger side.

Attachments

• 20210422_145216.jpg
    20210422_145216.jpg
    669.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210422_124409.jpg
    20210422_124409.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
That first pic is the plastic guard for your spring cradle, the other side will have the same thing if you look. It's one 10mm bolt on the inside and then just a plastic catch around the bolt on the outside.

That tire definitely looks low though.

Reactions: KenC
Is it possible that I may just have a flat tire? TPMS isn't showing me anything and everything was fine after coming back home last night. Haven't driven anywhere today. The first picture is of the suspected flat (rear driver side) while the 2nd pic is of the rear passenger side.
How can TPMS not show anything?!? That tire is way low. The outer sidewalls have been scrubbed so much the lettering is slightly obscured!