Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird VIN number?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Model 3, highest VIN is 520557 as of now

Model 3 VINs on Twitter
#Tesla registered 25,569 new #Model3 VINs. ~48% estimated to be dual motor. ~39% estimated to be International. Highest VIN is 520557.

But I see VIN number that is higher than 526120 in Tesla China inventory.
And it's the Long Range RWD, whose production has stopped for quite some time.

Thoughts?

VIN.png

VIN .png

thoughts? That "model 3 vins" on twitter is not an official source for what vin numbers tesla uses. Its a third party that is trying to track it. Why anyone would be worried about their vin number being "to high" I also dont understand. I get not wanting an obviously old vin number, but since tesla does not use vin numbers in sequence you can only tell that in a range.

Wait till a few days before your delivery date, and then ask your delivery advisor for the cars "BORN ON" date or whatever the equivalent is in Chinese. In english, tesla calls it a "born on" date in their system, which is the actual date that their internal system shows the car was "made".

The sticker in the driver side door frame will show the month / year of manufacture. Tesla's internal system will show the day. That is the information you want I would guess. What sequence the vin number is, is somewhat irrelevent.

Those are my thoughts anyway, since you asked for them.

thoughts? That "model 3 vins" on twitter is not an official source for what vin numbers tesla uses. Its a third party that is trying to track it. Why anyone would be worried about their vin number being "to high" I also dont understand. I get not wanting an obviously old vin number, but since tesla does not use vin numbers in sequence you can only tell that in a range.

Wait till a few days before your delivery date, and then ask your delivery advisor for the cars "BORN ON" date or whatever the equivalent is in Chinese. In english, tesla calls it a "born on" date in their system, which is the actual date that their internal system shows the car was "made".

The sticker in the driver side door frame will show the month / year of manufacture. Tesla's internal system will show the day. That is the information you want I would guess. What sequence the vin number is, is somewhat irrelevent.

Those are my thoughts anyway, since you asked for them.

I understand that VINs are not applied to vehicles in sequence.
Not worried. Just asking for a friend.
But the 520557 VIN numbers are from NHTSA, which does seem like a reliable and official number.