Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weirdest "admirer" experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While driving down a residential street I had a man run out into the road waving his arm in the air, his other arm was in a cast due to shoulder surgery. When I stopped and rolled down the window he practically screamed, "Is that a Tesla!?" I ended up having a 10 minute conversation with him.

I have just been reading all these. Now I don't feel so bad when I wave and give a thumbs up. I seem so "normal" compared to most of these people, and let's face it, a Tesla can't help but be admired!

Driving in NYC today, had a guy in a Mercedes in the lane next to me at a light roll down his window and snap a picture. He was in front of us at the next intersection and got out of his car at a red light and snap 2 or 3 more.I actually rolled down my window and waved, but he'd never even looked at or acknowledged me..

Anyway, if you're a San Diego MS owner on this forum and remember the guy in the convertible on Mira Mesa Blvd a few months ago who was jealous of your ride, that was me. Now I have one on order!

Wasn't me but that's my part of town. At Mira Mesa supermarkets and other businesses people often approach me as I'm entering or exiting the car and ask me about it. The first say I had the MS I loaded up the frunk with groceries (I usually use the trunk because it's easier) and someone came running over to ask me about it. "How long have you had it?" "About an hour." "Awesome!"

Mine is silver. If you see me in Mira Mesa, give a wave.

Today I had a guy deliver and install my new washing machine. He came through the garage and asked tons of questions. I opened it up and gave him a guided tour. When he couldn't easily disconnect my old washer due to mineral deposits on the waterline, he said they aren't allowed to try anymore due to risk of damaging the line and I would have to call a Plummer. I asked if I could bang with a hammer, then tried wd40. We talked more about the car in between. Then he came in, tried harder, banged it with hammer himself until he got it loose. He told me "this never happened". Then he said "your car just saved you a big hassle".

See, the model s is the gift that keeps on giving. The website should factor this into the cost of ownership page.

FWIW, if the rest of the country is at all like the Chicago area, the MS owners are just as rabid as everyone else. I've had plenty of MS speed through traffic to catch me, follow the car, wave, etc. i may do the same thing once in a while too ("look kids, thats what a green one looks like..." "Is that so and so's car..."). Of course, the one experience we don't get from driving the MS, is the ability to see it in action. So, stalk I do...