Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weirdness on GPS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Real quick question. Tesla was in shop for quite some time but I have tons of weird locations on my GPS recent locations. Can random locations show up or was someone driving my car around while it is suppose to be in shop? Can the odometer be changed nefarious?

Attachments

• 20210430_152259.jpg
    20210430_152259.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 97
Never seen that. Although, I have been able to test my gps by selecting a location, yet not actually driving there and it did show up in my list.
That is true. It's quite a bit. Superchargers (different ones) , restaraunts, hotels...throughout the city and not near body shop. In anyone's opinion why would a body shop do that?

The car was in shop for two months for body repair and the week before I picked it up i have at least 20 GPS "recent" requests

That is true. It's quite a bit. Superchargers (different ones) , restaraunts, hotels...throughout the city and not near body shop. In anyone's opinion why would a body shop do that?

The car was in shop for two months for body repair and the week before I picked it up i have at least 20 GPS "recent" requests
they shouldn't be doing that. I would go ask them why it is there. Did you check the mileage before and after? Do you use any third party apps like TeslaFi that can show you what happened?

they shouldn't be doing that. I would go ask them why it is there. Did you check the mileage before and after? Do you use any third party apps like TeslaFi that can show you what happened?
I wish I used teslafi... also that is why I was wondering about the odometer. I unfortunately did not log my odometer but it was reporter to my insurance company as 1665 miles dropped off and pick up at 1673 miles. I've only had car three days and milage is at 1820 when I noticed. The picture below is when I dropped it off on March 10th

20210430_165625.jpg

My navigation failed in my 20’ model Y last week. I had to have the map updates pushed to the car. Wiped out my other settings too, driver profiles etc. car thought it was in California, it was 3000 miles east. Whacky

make sure you have your facts before you accuse anyone

My navigation failed in my 20’ model Y last week. I had to have the map updates pushed to the car. Wiped out my other settings too, driver profiles etc. car thought it was in California, it was 3000 miles east. Whacky

make sure you have your facts before you accuse anyone

That is what I was trying to do. I can understand the "stopped location" - but this is the "Recent" GPS location. Unless it was some massive glitch that no one else has gone through, someone was just pushing locations on the map and not really going anywhere or someone specifically picked locations like a "bank" I've never been too, dozens of "chargers" including destination chargers at hotels, this one restaurant this person has been too at least 5 times....that I have never been too.

Though when I went to pick up the car and drive it off the lot it has suspicious damage on the front end with the protective plastic cover that protects the undercarriage. It was smashed. (totally and hanging off) They replaced it and stated "I don't know how that happened" - Maybe? but supposedly they test drove it before they gave it to me....(complete lie) because the moment I got to the stop light and above 15 miles an hour the front of the car was shaking.

Why did go to the shop? - for a dent on the rear lift gate. Yes, a dent.

Check for credit card charges on the card number that is linked to your Tesla account. If the Supercharger was used there should be a transaction in the card history.
Hi FlyF4, I saw that you disagree with my post regarding checking the credit card transaction history for unauthorized Supercharger charges. Can you please explain why you disagree?