Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Welcome me to the Tesla family

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Family! I just got my “Welcome to the Tesla family” email this morning. Tesla is not really clear about a lot of things. My expected delivery date is April which I am fine with that, the “Review” button in my account is not clickable and when will the payment be due? Is it going to be close to delivery date. Please explain this to all who have been through this. Happy to be a part of the Tesla family.

Welcome!

Final payment will be due closer to your delivery date. It's been a while since we bought our car, so I can't give you more specifics, but if I'm remembering correctly, it was the week we took delivery.

Waiting until April is going to drive you crazy. ;)

Reactions: Lucas007
I just put an order in a few days ago as well. I filled out everything on my account page and said I would pay in cash. However, I plan on changing that once I get closer to my delivery date...With the delivery date so far away I didn't think it was necessary to apply for financing and have them run my credit right now.

Otherwise, we just wait. Eventually I will need to have an electrician install either the tesla wall charger or nema outlet and I will order some accessories (all season mats, etc.). Lots of time to take care of all of this.

I just put an order in a few days ago as well. I filled out everything on my account page and said I would pay in cash. However, I plan on changing that once I get closer to my delivery date...With the delivery date so far away I didn't think it was necessary to apply for financing and have them run my credit right now.

Otherwise, we just wait. Eventually I will need to have an electrician install either the tesla wall charger or nema outlet and I will order some accessories (all season mats, etc.). Lots of time to take care of all of this.
I put cash as well in my order, hoping to pay it out right or finance very little since I’m not too savvy about paying my bills on time😂. What delivery months sis they give you if you don’t mind me asking?

I put cash as well in my order, hoping to pay it out right or finance very little since I’m not too savvy about paying my bills on time😂. What delivery months sis they give you if you don’t mind me asking?

Same as you, April...However, I haven't received any update on that estimate since I put my order in a few days ago. Not that I expected one. Lots of variables involved so not going to worry about it too much. I am assuming as it gets closer the estimated delivery date will get more accurate.

I just took delivery of my 2021 MYLR on 9\27. This isn’t my first Tesla, but my first new one and first purchase directly from Tesla. I agree there was little to no direction about what to expect along most steps of the process. However, I have to say it was pretty damn seamless all the way around for me.

I selected 3rd party financing when setting up my purchase and once I got my delivery date (and was within one week of that date) I reached out to confirm with my consultant that we were still on track to meet the expected timeline. Once he confirmed we were, my MVPA was already loaded into my account and I used it to set up my financing with USAA. I shopped another Credit Union I bank with against USAA and they both handle payment two different ways. The first CU would not pay via wire or ACH, so I would have to guess when I needed the check and have it mailed to me. Once I finalized the loan with them the loan repayment timeline started no matter when Tesla came through on the delivery. Based on the delivery track record I’ve read about Tesla I wasn’t willing to do this. Luckily, USAA would hold my approval for 90 days, then finalize it on the day of delivery and pay Tesla via wire within an hour. When I called my consultant to make sure payment didn’t have to clear before delivery, he said it was no problem, they use USAA all the time and were familiar with their process.

Luckily, Tesla came through within the first hour of my original 2 hour delivery window! I accepted my delivery and asked the delivery rep about USAA paying them for the car. He said, ”Oh, our funding team will take care of that”. At least an hour after the rep left, I checked with USAA and Tesla’s funding team had still not submitted their request for payment! At the end of the day, it all worked out and the next day my loan details loaded in my USAA account. Happy to answer any other questions about my purchase and hope this helps!