TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Welcome to WEEK 17!

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ahkahn, Apr 23, 2018.

1. ahkahn

ahkahn Active Member

I'm having some new firmware withdrawal.... ;) I know some of you hate the rapid updates, but I love them!

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  2. navinsiri

navinsiri Member

I used to get updates as soon as they came out but I haven't had an update for about a month now. I even called Tesla to make sure nothing was wrong with my car.
    I W A N T M Y N E W M A P S

• Like x 2
  3. ahkahn

ahkahn Active Member

Second that!!

4. croman

croman Active Member

US AP2 missed 14.2 completely. Only service ticket AP2 US people seem to have gotten it. I believe that is more significant than new maps. It has to be a new feature they have for us (only). They gave MCU1, nav, and browser updates to everyone else and we'll get them as well as hopefully something new (I guess in 2018.18...).

• Like x 1
  5. ahkahn

ahkahn Active Member

Hopefully... I'd say at the rate I've seen they will probably push out 2018.16 this week some time. They seem to release the previous week's build.

• Like x 1
  6. croman

croman Active Member

You're probably right that it will be a 2018.16 flavor released in week 17 or 18. I just have been watching 2018.14.2 go to only non-US AP2 cars and a new feature is the only thing that makes sense.

7. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

I was just about to post this.... I think we will be getting 2018.16, and the heck with 14.2... :D

Bjorn just got *another* loaner with, yes, 2018.14.2 and I had to tell him it was the new version with the hot browser, he's not been keeping up, with his vacation and Nimber trips.. LOL!

And, yeah, week x does appear to come out in week x+1, unless it's screwed up like 14 was. They do do some QA before they push it out... :rolleyes:

8. appleguru

appleguru Member

My US AP2 just got a SW update notification for 2018.14.2 (about time!)

Will probably install tomorrow; maybe I can finally get new maps...

9. Parebalo

Parebalo Member

Well, I’m happy to say as an AP1, US driver that I’m up on 2018.14.2,and the new maps. Im sure there are many others as well.

10. boaterva

Um, maps have nothing to do with 2018.14.2.... :D

Maps needs 12 or higher and that’s all. Beyond that it’s just time until you get them. The new Nav requires 14.x.

11. ahkahn

ahkahn Active Member

I have noticed in TeslaFi that my updates run every 25-30 days consistently since last year. I'm just now coming into that range.... errr... want more! ;)

12. boaterva

Until the recent 'issues', I got them every two weeks. 14 and 14.2 upset things....

• Like x 1