Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well apparently delivery dates are not as advertised

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just wondering....during ordering i was shown a late october eraly november delivery date....once my 6 day "change your mind" period was past it jumps to a month later (November Dec)

Were not of to a great start with my "welcome" to the Tesla family,,,#nothappy

Reactions: Eclectic
just wondering....during ordering i was shown a late october eraly november delivery date....once my 6 day "change your mind" period was past it jumps to a month later (November Dec)

Mine did the exact same thing with my MX order. We must have input our orders in about the same time. Any who, this was a bit surprising considering how quickly everything was flying out of Fremont just before EOQ. The original timeframe was great because it kept me out of that EOQ push for 4Q. Oh well, it will give me a little more leeway to get my garage work done before the car arrives.

a bit surprising considering how quickly everything was flying out of Fremont just before EOQ
Be glad you weren't part of that mess. My entire front bumper has to be replaced due to a botched paint job from the factory. It's something that should have been caught and fixed prior to rolling out of the factory but I guess they wanted the EOQ delivery too much.

Attachments

• IMG_20161006_161248670.jpg
    IMG_20161006_161248670.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 99
How long does it take them to change the bumper? i am in same situation.
Dunno. I'm in Birmingham, AL and the nearest service center is in Atlanta, GA. So they're sending a truck to drop off a loaner and pick up my car. I have no clue how long they'll keep mine. They do have a few other issues to fix along with the bumper though. The glove compartment button broke the first time I used it, there's a scratch on a body panel and the drivers side door trim has some defects. All stuff that should have been checked and caught at the factory before shipping the car.

There are a lot of things which affect production and delivery. The first is that they don't put you car into the production queue until you have finalized the order (after the 6 day change your mind period).
I know it's frustrating to wait (I had to wait six months for my car) and the delivery date will jump around a lot. It's not fixed. The factory has priorities and there are parts availability queues and transportation issues. Try to avoid refreshing your My Tesla page 20 times a day (which is what I did). It will only frustrate you.

We are on our second month slip of the promised delivery date (from the original date provided after confirming). This is our fifth Model S so we are not new to the process.

There have been many things over the last few years that have me questioning anything and everything Tesla tells me. This two separate month slips on delivery time in our My Tesla page now tells me that source of information is useless.

Yep, this is very common. My 85D was promised late January. Then every two weeks, it slipped two weeks - early Feb, late Feb, early March, late March, early April, and then back to late March when I actually got it.

There's a reason everyone jokes about any Tesla schedule and any promised feature or deadline. Tesla rarely meets its commitments.

Same here - when I placed my initial order in (NJ) it said Late October -- so i started to get all my stuff in order....sell my current car being the main thing! -- after the 7 days - it is showing late nov - dec -- NOT HAPPY!

the other thing i was thinking about - is i know there is a special product launch on oct 17 --- and maybe it is new hardware for autopilot -- idk... going to call my DS today... any tips on what to say...