Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, I did it!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got off the phone with the CPO rep and put a deposit down for on the following CPO:

2013 Model S P85
45,300 Miles
Grey Metallic
Black leather interior
Panoramic Sunroof
19" Rims

Tech Package
Air Suspension
Upgraded sound system

The car is currently in Dublin and will take up to 6 weeks for delivery.

I'm in total shock I think.....someone pinch me!!!!!!!

Thanks Btr_ftw!!!

Just got into "My Tesla"

The car also has

Black performance Interior (what exactly is that)
Carbon Fiber Decor (is it real c.f.)
Carbon Fiber spoiler (is this just for looks?)

Just got off the phone with my insurance agent (Mercury) and my payment is going up $60 a month, not too bad!!!

Thanks Btr_ftw!!!

Just got into "My Tesla"

The car also has

Black performance Interior (what exactly is that)
Carbon Fiber Decor (is it real c.f.)
Carbon Fiber spoiler (is this just for looks?)

Someone who knows more about 2012/13/half of the 14 Models chime in. But it was available for Performance cars only. But was cancelled for some "Late' 2014 Model's
As for the CF interior some say real other say fake. When I ordered my P85D I asked and they said Yup! Its real. But when I took delivery it didn't look real. But it still looks good though. And as for the spoiler it not just for looks as Tesla states....It improves High Speed Stability. But I can tell you that the CF spoiler its real as far as I can tell. And looks good we have it on every single one of our cars.

Thanks P85DBeast!!!

The CPO advisor said it was a "late model" 13, build was in November, does that "change" anything?

Also, would I be able to add AP?

It was built 2 months before the 2014 Model's were being produced. And it could change somethings like you might have parking sensors. Power Folding Mirrors etc...(Correct me if im wrong)
Adding AP its not possible. But someone here on the forum did it and the name slips right by me.... But he had a pre-AP car.

Autopilot Retrofit on Classic P85 | wk057's SkieNET

Thanks P85DBeast!!!

The CPO advisor said it was a "late model" 13, build was in November, does that "change" anything?

Also, would I be able to add AP?

That is the same time mine was built and delivered...

Neither version of AP is offered as an upgrade. The way Tesla handles this is to trade-in your non AP car for an AP car.

Feel free to join any or all the local Tesla Clubs, we're a friendly bunch (I help organize the OC club and a member of the LA one...)

The performance interior was originally available only on performance models, but there was a short time in 2014 when it was available separately. I have it on my standard 85.

The seats have more than just the piping. They have alcantara inserts on the bolsters and a small section of the back. Believe it or not, they actually do make a difference by helping to keep you from sliding on the seats in a turn. One of the primary complaints about the gen 1 seats was that they were too flat and didn't give enough lateral support.

Reactions: Az_Rael
Thanks everyone!!!!!

What can I expect from the sound studio package? I LOVE listening to music, especially through a nice thought out system!!! Is there a factory sub-woofer?

If you are a real audiophile, you will be disappointed. I believe that there is a factory sub-woofer but you won't notice it ;-). Look, its adequate but nothing to write home about, but since the rest of the car is so amazing, you put up with it.

Your lucky you have the tech package on your car. Because the 2012/13 was lacking quite some stuff without it. Like HID headlights, Fogs, Power Litigate, 7 Years of map and navigation, LED daytime running lamps, Auto Presenting Door Handles, Memory Seats, and LED interior lighting. You would be missing out on somethings if you didn't get it.

Reactions: Jashev