Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, I have departed on last minute road trip!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I planning on going to next years NAIAS to hopefully see the gen3 car otherwise a production model X:wink:
yah. thurrolly disappointed with the Tesla booth. just 2 p85+, an one of the showroom stripped down frames. Just so many companies "trying" to copy tesla electric success. nothing to worry about with the BMW i3, but that i8, wow, still not practice though.

We'll, done at the show, sitting in the car right now. Found parking structure across the street from the center that has 2free charge points. so while I had "enough" to make it back to Toledo, I am much more comfortable leaving with a full battery especially since I can legally do 75mph here. now to find some place to eat and fill up the midget.

Hmmmn, maybe I should do a lot of deep cycles on my battery and Supercharge with regularity like IslandBayy. I have just over 12,500 miles on my and a 100% charge last week (in near 70 degree weather) yielded 193 rated miles.
I got 206 a few weeks ago, 10,000 miles on my 60. It was a little cooler than 70 at the time.

at angola, was going to try and straight shoy0t to mishawaka, but started blizzarding, had to slow down and crank the heat, so decided to stop for a topp off, my tesla friend decided to do the same as he needed internet access for a work report. stillnot plowed here, in fact worse now that its snowing again.

one couple of the stalls are also offline, so calling in now.

islandbayy: congrats on still getting your rated range on your battery at 20k miles. I do suggest you get Tesla to take a look under your vehicle for any impact points. My guess is you scuffed something at best, but better to look. Getting stuck with the Model S is annoying in ice due to the weight. I'm glad you got free. Perhaps a snow shovel is a must for Model S road trips in winter. Someone tell Elon, ok? Looking forward to the pictures and of course the videos. Your Mauston tourism video was hysterical, I was bent over laughing at the thrift shop bit. I sincerely hope that someone starts developing that particular SC location just a little. Hey, did the Culver's have the new "Mint Brownie Tuna Wraps" on sale?

at angola, was going to try and straight shoy0t to mishawaka, but started blizzarding, had to slow down and crank the heat, so decided to stop for a topp off, my tesla friend decided to do the same as he needed internet access for a work report. stillnot plowed here, in fact worse now that its snowing again.

one couple of the stalls are also offline, so calling in now.

Thanks for calling in to report the offline Superchargers. Did you also inform the Ramada Inn management of the need to plow the area?

GSP

islandbayy: congrats on still getting your rated range on your battery at 20k miles. I do suggest you get Tesla to take a look under your vehicle for any impact points. My guess is you scuffed something at best, but better to look. Getting stuck with the Model S is annoying in ice due to the weight. I'm glad you got free. Perhaps a snow shovel is a must for Model S road trips in winter. Someone tell Elon, ok? Looking forward to the pictures and of course the videos. Your Mauston tourism video was hysterical, I was bent over laughing at the thrift shop bit. I sincerely hope that someone starts developing that particular SC location just a little. Hey, did the Culver's have the new "Mint Brownie Tuna Wraps" on sale?

Now that I'm home and have it in a clean driveway, no problems found under the car. The "lip" of the front is scuffed a wee bit, but thats all. Shovel wouldn't have helped a whole lot, it was mostly just couldnt see the parking lot, and getting up the hill. I have a nice Road Trippin video coming.

Grannie had a blast doing the Mauston and Onalaska videos. She cant wait to do the Pleasant Prairie one. Did find some nice stuff at the thrift shop. Got a brand new pair of bowling shuse for $3 :) Gene wanted a bowling ball (loves bowling), but A, He already has a Shrek one, and B, he couldn;t life a 18lbs ball....
I actually have never stopped into the Culivers yet. Havent had the chance to. But I will be!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for calling in to report the offline Superchargers. Did you also inform the Ramada Inn management of the need to plow the area?

GSP

Didn't get a chance to. I was trying to make time before my 3 year old woke up ^_^ I brought Geno with me. He loves cars... But I have now let Tesla SC know.
Had Gene so tired at the show, from running around looking at everything, he climbed into a Mustang, shut the door and layd down and went to sleep....

Islandbayy,

That must have been quite a trip for a 3-year old. Thanks for sharing it with us.

GSP
He loved it. likes going for long car rides. could never have taken my oldest, Vinny, he's got downs. likes car rides too but I new another person to I with me, so he loved the good life with grandma and grandpa this weekend. my 3 year old Geno though, he'll sleep anywhere, so napped from highland to Mishawaka, ate , charged, stayed awake watching curious George on the iPad, fell asleep at Toledo/maumee, and slept straight til 7am, by that time I was in Detroit, parked and plugged in the Chargepoint at the parking lot then we went on the corner for breakfast then to the show.

I wonder what the tesla record for miles in a 24 hr period is?
That's a good question. This weekend my ~1974mi. road trip in 53 hours was fun but exhausting. Unless math is failing me that's 37mph average -- including sleeping and charging time.

Over 1,100 miles in the first 24 hours. Including "wasting" some time having a Fremont tech listen to a new sound I discovered with my motor. :(

That's a good question. This weekend my ~1974mi. road trip in 53 hours was fun but exhausting. Unless math is failing me that's 37mph average -- including sleeping and charging time.

Over 1,100 miles in the first 24 hours. Including "wasting" some time having a Fremont tech listen to a new sound I discovered with my motor. :(

I've only managed about 650 miles in 27 hours. Superchargers would make a real difference.