Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, It happened to me.....and I am not happy about it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gixx1300R

Dec 30, 2017
orlando
To the Service Center she goes. Driving a couple of miles yesterday and the "Decreased Power, Call Tesla Service Center" message appeared. The car started to slowly lose power. I slowly limped home and soon as I pulled into the driveway it shut down completely.... No power what so ever. I never got a message about the 12 volt battery.
20180716_083600.jpg

I am not sure. The service center stated they would check both 12 volt and the main battery pack. I am still under warranty for the pack and drive train

I don't think it's your 12v (though that might get replaced because of collateral damage, I just don't think the 12v is the source of the issue)

The good news is you are likely to get newer parts installed and won't be hitting this issue later.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy
Damn that sucks. On a positive note, based on your name I assume you have a Hayabusa? You still have a “rocket ship” to blast around with. :cool:
I will keep you guys posted. Kinda hoping it is the battery pack but then again I hope not

I sold my Busa years ago to a guy in the middle east. I do all of my own motor mods. It was a 1525cc motor with a 200 shot of nitrous. ran low 7s in the 1/4 mile. I extensively modified it.

• Love
Reactions: UkrHog
I am the second owner so Tesla does not release that information. The drive unit was working fine as far as I know. It never made a sound upon acceleration.

Eh... you can usually get them to tell you in person as an aside with really generic questions like "how many times has this motor been replaced".

It doesnt have to make a noise to die per-se, 3rd replacement (2013 performance motor tuned down to base) showed no signs of failure other than a weird hesitation to switch from Park to drive every once and awhile.

Your contactors could also have gone bad, another common issue in the 2012-2013 packs. It could likely be that too. Point being Tesla has had the unfortunate experience of dealing with our model year 1000 times over. You'll know pretty soon (i'd bet by wednesday) :)

• Informative
Reactions: mambro