Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, it happened today... FWD fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My home garage is about 7'6" off the floor with the garage door open. My fwd has always stopped about a foot off the ceiling. Today i opened the door and it just kept going. I watched it happen, like a bad slow motion movie. There seems to be no damage to the door but the top glass panel has cracked.

I started having some closing issues with my FWD a few days ago, not sure if my sensors are bugging out or what. Now i need to call tesla.

I'm expecting this to get covered.

The worst part of this is i'll never feel safe opening the door with anything that is lower than the max height....

Just really annoyed....

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    844.4 KB · Views: 129
  • Informative
Reactions: srini
My home garage is about 7'6" off the floor with the garage door open. My fwd has always stopped about a foot off the ceiling. Today i opened the door and it just kept going. I watched it happen, like a bad slow motion movie. There seems to be no damage to the door but the top glass panel has cracked.

I started having some closing issues with my FWD a few days ago, not sure if my sensors are bugging out or what. Now i need to call tesla.

I'm expecting this to get covered.

The worst part of this is i'll never feel safe opening the door with anything that is lower than the max height....

Just really annoyed....
Sorry to hear that.

But wow...I just warned @Plugsuvohio yesterday about this exact thing and not to be complacent about watching the doors.

Yah, no more opening the doors in the garage.

Open it a hundred times, never an issue. This time, i was standing on the driver side while opening the passenger side. couldnt stop it fast enough.

my trunk will hit the ceiling, but i always stand by it and put my hand above it before it hits so i can stop that.

I expect tesla to take care of this since it is a malfunction of the door. If it was an accident caused by me, then i should cover it, but this is something that no owners should have to ever worry about.

I wish tesla has a way to set the max height for a GPS location. This way i know that it can check the sensors but also know that this location is max height set as well. ( like a physical number on the dash, ie 7 feet max)

• Informative
Reactions: srini