Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well, Now I did it... Now what?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I went and pulled the trigger on my order today after reading all I think my brain can handle.

Here is my build. Curious as to your thoughts?

• 21" Silver Turbine Wheels
  • 85 kWh Performance
  • Alcantara Headliner
  • All Glass Panoramic Roof
  • Brown Metallic Paint
  • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
  • Extended Nappa Leather Trim
  • Fog Lamps
  • High Power Home Charging
  • Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
  • Parcel Shelf

• Parking Sensors
  • Performance Plus
  • Premium Interior Lighting
  • Rear Facing Seats
  • Smart Air Suspension
  • Subzero Weather Package
  • Supercharger Enabled
  • Tan Performance Leather Seats
  • Tech Package
  • Ultra High Fidelity Sound

Sounds like an awesome car, Jim!

My only suggestion would be to request that the spoiler be supplied with the car, but not actually attached yet. Some owners, including me, feel that it upsets the beautiful line of the rear valence. Given that the performance benefits of the spoiler are not that great—in fact it might actually reduce your range slightly—you might want to see your car with and without, before it gets attached. Your area service center can attach it for you. It just sticks on with adhesive strips. If you decide against it, I'm sure you can find a buyer on this forum.

Congratulations!

I find it interesting that you got a Subzero Weather Package living in Los Angeles. Thoughts behind this?

Congratulations NoMoGas!

I reserved last year and finally finalized MY order last week (for delivery in November)...

We're getting Roadster #78 (any day now, was promised yesterday originally, but PDI estimate is NOW Friday! Ugh) and the Model S will replace my Active E (currently at 42,500 miles and goes back in February 2014, would've been good with the i3 (and the better half would've gotten the S) but she's getting a Roadster now.)

I opted for the "Subzero" package because "COLD is a relative term." When we travel with my in-laws or my mother, either my mom or m-i-l get cold easily and I would rather put them on heated seats in the passenger space THAN melt myself with the heater blasting... It was a nice convenience to have. I would gather that I would never need the heated windshield wipers, etc.

NoMoGas, when did you opt for delivery?

Dennis
My ActiveE Blog (soon to be my Tesla AND ActiveE Blog)
ActiveE (going back to BMW in February 2014), Pending delivery of Roadster #78 in Sig. Green, order confirmed Model S 85 in Blue w/Tan Interior.

Congratulations on ordering, the hard part is the waiting.

If the parking sensors had been available when I ordered my car, I would have gotten them for sure.

My observations/comments would be two-fold about the High Power Home Charging:
Do you have enough capacity/space in your existing electrical panel to add that feature? It is a 100 A circuit might require an electrician adding a sub-panel.
Do you intend to do that much driving in a day that you would deplete the fully charged battery, and then need a quick charge to refill again in a single day?

A lot of folks install a NEMA 40-15 (clothes dryer) outlet (240 V, 40 A), and get adequate charge rate @ 31 miles / hour, in lieu of the 62 miles per hour.

You will love your car, fully optioned (or not).
Just more to love with so many Options....

Congratulations!

I find it interesting that you got a Subzero Weather Package living in Los Angeles. Thoughts behind this?

I dont think it should be called a "sub zero package" but just "cold weather package". It does get cold in LA and we have a cabin in Big Bear where it is quite cold and snowy. That and for 750, I just figured resale value.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations.

It would be easier to answer if you listed the options you didn't get...

OK ... Tesla paint armor :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like an awesome car, Jim!

My only suggestion would be to request that the spoiler be supplied with the car, but not actually attached yet. Some owners, including me, feel that it upsets the beautiful line of the rear valence. Given that the performance benefits of the spoiler are not that great—in fact it might actually reduce your range slightly—you might want to see your car with and without, before it gets attached. Your area service center can attach it for you. It just sticks on with adhesive strips. If you decide against it, I'm sure you can find a buyer on this forum.

THANK YOU! I will do just that. (Learn something new every day)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats! Will be an amazing ride. Did you look at it with the grey wheels as well? I like that look too but the silver wheels matches the rest of the chrome better so many prefer that.

I did, wasnt a fan. I realy like the flying saucer wheels but Tesla was pretty adamant I couldn't do that without screwing up the staggering of the wheels. :confused:

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations!

Do you really think you need the HPWC? Most folks are fine with the UMC and a 14-50 outlet in the garage.

Well, this was one of those 'while you're at it" things... I may not need it, but we also have a Volt and may be getting a second Tesla as well in the house, so Id have to schedule charging. Kind of planning ahead here.

- - - Updated - - -

Congratulations NoMoGas!

NoMoGas, when did you opt for delivery?

Dennis
My ActiveE Blog (soon to be my Tesla AND ActiveE Blog)
ActiveE (going back to BMW in February 2014), Pending delivery of Roadster #78 in Sig. Green, order confirmed Model S 85 in Blue w/Tan Interior.

Hey congrats on the roadster and I agree on the cold is relative :) I opted for october

- - - Updated - - -

My observations/comments would be two-fold about the High Power Home Charging:
Do you have enough capacity/space in your existing electrical panel to add that feature? It is a 100 A circuit might require an electrician adding a sub-panel.
Do you intend to do that much driving in a day that you would deplete the fully charged battery, and then need a quick charge to refill again in a single day?

Yea, I had the panel upgraded as we are switching the entire family to electric or plug-in hybrid vehicles (5 cars total) so being able to schedule the MS to be done in a few short hours is really going to come in hand when there is a few other plug ins in the house.

- - - Updated - - -

My only question is about jump seats and trunk parcel shelf. You use one at a time, I keep the seats up ready for use, and if I want to hide anything of value like my laptop bag I put it in the frunk.

I have friends with kids that we go out with so it's not something I'd use all the time but enough to justify it.

- - - Updated - - -

THANKS guys! Now the wait begins...

My only question is about jump seats and trunk parcel shelf. You use one at a time, I keep the seats up ready for use, and if I want to hide anything of value like my laptop bag I put it in the frunk.

I actually use both all the time. The parcel shelf will still fit with the seats up, and as a plus the rear hatch pinches the parcel shelf tighter and holds it in place better with the seats up. I had been annoyed that the parcel shelf flopped around a bit loose before I realized it would work with the seats up - was very distracting in the rear view mirror.

I leave the jumps seats up all the time, in part because I like using the footwell to carry things like grocery bags, but I still want the privacy provided by the parcel shelf. When a kiddo wants to ride in back I just toss the parcel shelf in the frunk (yes, it fits). The two together work great.

I actually use both all the time. The parcel shelf will still fit with the seats up, and as a plus the rear hatch pinches the parcel shelf tighter and holds it in place better with the seats up. I had been annoyed that the parcel shelf flopped around a bit loose before I realized it would work with the seats up - was very distracting in the rear view mirror.

I leave the jumps seats up all the time, in part because I like using the footwell to carry things like grocery bags, but I still want the privacy provided by the parcel shelf. When a kiddo wants to ride in back I just toss the parcel shelf in the frunk (yes, it fits). The two together work great.

It really fits in the frunk? I would have never thought that... or that I could have the seats up and still use it. This is why I ask these questions. :biggrin:

Congratulations!

Do you really think you need the HPWC? Most folks are fine with the UMC and a 14-50 outlet in the garage.

I've had a 14-50 from the beginning, and I'm now planning upgrading to an HPWC. But not because of the overnight charge time (for that the 14-50 is more than fast enough, even if I drive it to empty).

The problem is that I like to generally keep the battery charged at 80% (200 miles). But sometimes I want to go somewhere far on a whim.So if I need a range charge, I need 2.5 hours notice. It would be nice being able to cut this down to just over an hour.

So I think in general the HPWC allows you to keep a lower SOC on your battery, which in turn is better for your battery over the long run.