Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well That Was a Disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No demonstration or description of the AC vents, no real shots of the interior, no frunk shots, no trunk shots, no mention of charging, keys, anything. Just a bunch of questions. Weren't we told that he suspected a lot of people were going to be placing orders after watching this? Based on what? This was objectively bad. If I put $1000 down tonight was teased as the hook. It was supposed to be the final nail in the coffin to convince me I made the right decision and keep my order. I think it failed at that, hard.

If anything I think this is going to result in people canceling reservations and the stock is going to get slammed Monday. Really disappointed here. I've been fan-boying this up to everyone and it's just a load of meh.

Edit: Range of the $44,000 car is impressive. I don't want to be all dark and depressing.

To be clear, I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer but go back and watch the Model S and X deliveries. They were basically final introductions to the cars and answered a lot of the questions that had been building up until their release. This was nothing. It was almost as if they wanted to maintain the optics of delivering cars but were afraid to show people too much. I can't think of why else they wouldn't show ANYTHING. I mean we saw nothing.

Maybe it's the emotion of disappointment here. FWIW, it looks like the press got more information on the car and now that their embargo is up they can share it. Check out Electric regarding some of the unanswered questions such as the keycard which is indeed a keycard.

Mike, you have every right to be a Debbie Downer. That was horribly underwhelming. We basically learned nothing. And why am I being shown an animation of the interior when the "finished" production car is right there?! Take us inside the car. Show us the seating, the A/C vents, the main control panel, the frunk and trunk, etc. Something is just not adding up. Wasn't this supposed to get us excited?! I'm not cancelling my reservation but you can't tell me that event didn't leave a lot to be desired.

Reactions: Scannerman
Mike, you have every right to be a Debbie Downer. That was horribly underwhelming. We basically learned nothing. And why am I being shown an animation of the interior when the "finished" production car is right there?! Take us inside the car. Show us the seating, the A/C vents, the main control panel, the frunk and trunk, etc. Something is just not adding up. Wasn't this supposed to get us excited?! I'm not cancelling my reservation but you can't tell me that event didn't leave a lot to be desired.

Ok, I'm glad I'm not the only conspiracy theorist here!

It very much feels like they're well behind, again, and don't want 500,000 reservation holders to know. The car looks sweet on the exterior but why didn't we get to see the interior more? Just seemed weird. You know everyone wanted to see the car both inside and out.

I've since seen the Motor Trend video and some of the leaked details. That somewhat eases me but boy oh boy... I just have this bad feeling about why we didn't hear or see more tonight. I hope I'm wrong. I don't want to come off like one of the many Anti-Tesla, Tesla owners we have on the forum.

Reactions: kavyboy