Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well the impatiently, patient wait begins...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HPWC arrived and will be installed early next week, finalized financing with Tesla, AutoNation is coming to pick up my Audi A8 trade in sometime next week (Man I'll miss that car!:crying:).

Now all I have to do is wait......I'm not so good at that! How did you others cope?

(Man I'll miss that car!:crying:).

Now all I have to do is wait......I'm not so good at that! How did you others cope?

Missing the A8 -- I predict... no you won't! :)

I coped by lucking into buying an inventory car of the exact specifications we wanted (plus a couple of options), and therefore having a three-day wait instead of three months. I can imagine (I think) how difficult the normal wait is. It still hurts where they inserted the horseshoes for my situation, but that's ok with me!

For me I did a LOT of reading on this forum, but I gotta tell you, all that does is heighten the agony. To read about everyone else enjoying their MS was particularly difficult, but I assure you, you will only miss the A8 between now and delivery. After delivery you will be wondering why you waited so long to get this amazing vehicle.

Glad I'm not the only one feeling the pain!! Ordered my P85 and confirmed on April 8th and delivery scheduled for May 23rd. Sold my daily driver already a (BMW 550ix) so really dying waiting for the Tesla. Electrician is installing my HPWC this Saturday. Have read and familiarized myself with the car, downloaded all my music to a USB stick, cleaned out garage, scheduled opticoat/ expel appt -not sure what else I can do for the next 19 days!!

The waiting was difficult for all of us and sharing thoughts about it and other matters on TMC helps. I waited about 10 weeks from finalization to delivery and it seemed like an eternity. I watched the video about all the features so many times I could recite it verbatim, installed my electrical box set up in my garage 8 weeks before delivery and visited TMC 3-4x daily to get my TM 'fix'.

However, consider that some people waited 2 years (plus), putting a deposit down on a car they had not seen or driven and enduring several delays in stated timelines. In fact, there are still some people (ex England) that are still waiting for their cars for over two years now. Now I can't imagine that.......

HPWC arrived and will be installed early next week, finalized financing with Tesla, AutoNation is coming to pick up my Audi A8 trade in sometime next week (Man I'll miss that car!:crying:).

Scothawk, Congrats! So how was your experience with AutoNation? Did you get the price you wanted at first or was there room for negotiation? Dealing with my car I just bought brand new last year is the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger for the last week. I have everything lined up, MS configuration, financing, quote from AutoNation (which I don't like), etc, the "Order" button is calling my name. I just want to know what my options are with the trade-in and minimize the depreciation hit. I don't want to deal with the hassle of selling private party. Thanks.

You can read my many posts as I waited through my anxiety. If you are like me you will have some sleepless nights wondering if you made the right decision. Remember those thoughts. Because from the moment you take delivery you will probably never look back.

tryfekid, Autonation was actually great to deal with. I've never worked with a company like that before. I looked at the KBB trade in price and current retail value of my A8 and they came a few hundred bucks higher than I thought. They are sending out someone to inspect my car this week and then take it away. They gave me the option of a check to me personally or apply the funds to the Tesla purchase, which is what I did. I'm like you, I could probably get a bit more with a private sale of my A8, but I just don't have the time or desire to hassle with that.

I have sold my last three cars to CarMax and always did my due diligence to see what the market would bear. They consistently made me the best offer.
They were definitely in the ballpark of KBB value on mine. And I was in and out with a check in hand in less than an hour. I don't know about you, but my time is worth way too much to me to mess with selling it myself.