Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Well this is it, just purchased 2018 75D from Tesla website . Have some questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this is it, it was between new MY (we already have one), new M3 and used MS.

We decided to go with MS.
$60.000 plus $500 delivery fee
Year is September 2018.
20.000 miles

Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
19" Sonic Carbon Slipstream Wheels
Cream Premium Interior
Oak Décor
Premium Upgrades Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Smart Air Suspension
Subzero Weather Package

Clean title, when i saw price dropped to $60k with only $500 delivery fee (CA) we decided to go ahead.

We missed one last week for about same price but higher mileage (30k) . It was sold very quick after last price drop ($59.500).

Warranty is till September of this year plus one additional year (Tesla used).

What i dont understand is why purchasing used MS from Tesla site now is more cheaper then local market, Vroom or Carvana.

Same car on Vroom cost about $70.000.
Carvana cars with similar range and year are over $65.000.
And they come without additional 1 year warranty.

Anyway, after reading all horror stories here im well prepared for delivery and all issues after that. We will see how it goes.

• Informative
Reactions: David29 and 2101Guy
Congratulations! As you have only few months left on the warranty I suggest to go deeply through the car and get any items you find odd or broken to be reported for warranty change. I was lucky to find few and they did changed them.

Reactions: vegasko
My car is the same vintage, with only a bit more mileage. So far the only issues I have had, all under warranty was changing the latch of the trunk, and the headlights (DRL LED fried as many have experienced). Pretty pain free experience.

Congratulations! As you have only few months left on the warranty I suggest to go deeply through the car and get any items you find odd or broken to be reported for warranty change. I was lucky to find few and they did changed them.

Has something changed?

Tesla used vehicles are covered by the remainder of 4 years or 50,000 miles left on the Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty. After expiration, the Used Vehicle Limited Warranty provides additional coverage of 1 year or 10,000 miles. If the Basic Vehicle Limited Warranty has already expired, the Used Vehicle Limited Warranty will provide coverage of 1 year or 10,000 miles, starting from your delivery date.

He's got at least another 10k miles.

Great buy. Congrats on the well researched great bargain. I think in terms of bang for buck, this is the best vintage Tesla money can buy pre Plaid / horizontal screen versions.

As you are aware the later Raven models have one pedal, boom box, better efficiency, light show and active air; each are great but query whether it's worth the difference in price for those who have finate wallet.

The extra warranty should also allow you to flush out all minor defects (if any).

Enjoy!

I find it interesting how you have a Model Y. I'm in the UK and I would love a seven seater (Model X is too big for European roads), but alas a seven seater isn't available :-(.

Out of interest, why didn't you get a new Model 3? Over here a 2018 Model S and new Model 3 are the same price (for me, it was the exclusivity).

Has something changed?
No, I don’t think so. Just wanted to remind the OP that although the purchase (car) is tremendous find, there still is New Vehicle Limited Warranty left. So if something isn’t right then I would not hesitate to get it repaired, free of charge. I would also check if the car has all the recalls done. I believe the OP is familiar with this site and have see all the different discussion here.

Great buy. Congrats on the well researched great bargain. I think in terms of bang for buck, this is the best vintage Tesla money can buy pre Plaid / horizontal screen versions.

As you are aware the later Raven models have one pedal, boom box, better efficiency, light show and active air; each are great but query whether it's worth the difference in price for those who have finate wallet.

The extra warranty should also allow you to flush out all minor defects (if any).

Enjoy!

I find it interesting how you have a Model Y. I'm in the UK and I would love a seven seater (Model X is too big for European roads), but alas a seven seater isn't available :-(.

Out of interest, why didn't you get a new Model 3? Over here a 2018 Model S and new Model 3 are the same price (for me, it was the exclusivity).

New M3 was our first choice and we still have reservation for it. Waste of $250 now unfortunately.

But after driving MY , M3 just looks too small .

MS is real change and fun. We need it only for city driving so don`t care about range.

But MS 2018 LR with 335 miles is only $4k more @ Tesla website so maybe in future we will "regret" our decision, but again, we dont need that extra mileage now.

One thing we will miss is using our phone to unlock and drive (like MY), my understanding is with MS we have to have key fob in pocket all time

Well this is it, it was between new MY (we already have one), new M3 and used MS.

We decided to go with MS.
$60.000 plus $500 delivery fee
Year is September 2018.
20.000 miles

Obsidian Black Metallic Paint
19" Sonic Carbon Slipstream Wheels
Cream Premium Interior
Oak Décor
Premium Upgrades Package
Ultra High Fidelity Sound
Smart Air Suspension
Subzero Weather Package

Clean title, when i saw price dropped to $60k with only $500 delivery fee (CA) we decided to go ahead.

We missed one last week for about same price but higher mileage (30k) . It was sold very quick after last price drop ($59.500).

Warranty is till September of this year plus one additional year (Tesla used).

What i dont understand is why purchasing used MS from Tesla site now is more cheaper then local market, Vroom or Carvana.

Same car on Vroom cost about $70.000.
Carvana cars with similar range and year are over $65.000.
And they come without additional 1 year warranty.

Anyway, after reading all horror stories here im well prepared for delivery and all issues after that. We will see how it goes.
Congrats! I just went the same route and very excited to take delivery now. May I ask how long did it take you from ordering to delivery? And did you find the car in a good shape when taking delivery? Thanks