Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Went for a test drive- WOW!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like you, I took my first test drive yesterday. I drove from Chattanooga down to Marietta, GA and, even though I have been a fanboy for many months, I was still completely blown away. Unlike you, I went ahead and placed my order for an 85 right there at the service center. It is supposed to be delivered in "late November". WooooHoooo!

Congrats! Right there with you Chipper. I ordered yesterday as well. Have you already confirmed or are you holding out for a few days to make sure of your options?

Performance
And boy was it fast, every time I'd hit the throttle I got the "tesla grin", amazing acceleration, I was waiting for a jerking when the transmission changes gears but... Nope no transmission!

You must be seeing a lot of them now. I only see one, but on a fairly regular basis. That's right no jerking, no transmission and no throttle either! I have not taken a test drive yet either, may just wait for the Gen III.

Congrats! Right there with you Chipper. I ordered yesterday as well. Have you already confirmed or are you holding out for a few days to make sure of your options?

I confirmed on the spot...BUT...got home and sent an e-mail asking if I could change from S85 to P85. I got a call that evening from Tesla saying they were glad to oblige and would send me a new confirmation.

You must be seeing a lot of them now. I only see one, but on a fairly regular basis. That's right no jerking, no transmission and no throttle either! I have not taken a test drive yet either, may just wait for the Gen III.
I definitely recommend going for a test drive.
But be warned it might be hard to leave after, I worried I might have to be dragged out of the car kicking and screaming!